Looking for advice, what are the best outfitters in the eastern cape?

There are many reports on the east cape in the hunt reports section-I would start my search by reading through them. -never hurts to send a pm, or even an e mail or phone call to folks on here and ask specific questions so you aren’t just getting generic sales pitches. It’s a great place to spend time with your spouse-enjoy the planning and have a wonderful trip!

image.jpg

East cape trophies-cape kudu heaven!

I would sure go with a sponser here. KMG would be at the top of the list. Marius has a great thing going. Hunted with them before and going in May of next year. Good luck, you will have a great time.

Game 4 Africa did me and my buddy an outstanding job last year, they have some great quality animals there, including cape buffalo in some thick stuff.

I’m another vote for @KMG Hunting Safaris as my wife and I had a fantastic time with them in 2018. If I’m able to go back to Africa it will most likely be with Marius again. That being said you can’t go wrong with the other EC sponsors mentions above.

I’ve never hunted the EC but I know @ian-bradley and his wife did their honeymoon with Crusader Safaris. I also know a few people who have hunted with them before and speaking to Rad at DSC has them on my list of places to hunt.

I would say that any of the outfitters that advertise on the site here will be top notch.

It is also going to depend on just what you are really looking for.

I went with Frontier Safari's last June and they are a top notch outfitter and great accommodations.

Here are a couple of pictures.

inNfl2u.jpg

ho9Zjst.jpg

vJuyKCt.jpg

"Looking for advice, what are the best outfitters in the eastern cape?"​

My favourite kind of question. (not really)
What is the best ......
:V Sword Fight:

I'd suggest reading ALL the hunting reports and get an impression of the Outfitters.
Then ask your own questions.
Honestly, there is no short cut.

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided a week hunting in Africa would be ideal (I know I hit the jackpot marrying her). I also know it’s a vague question, but there are so many options and so little information I can dig up about any of these outfitters. We both want to hunt plains animals, at least 2 Kudu and she wants a Zebra. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, please direct me where to post if this is incorrect.
Game 4 Africa should fit what you are looking for nicely! Your two top PH’s and owners have each only been married for a short time and are absolutely delightful! The hunting and experience is exceptional!

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided a week hunting in Africa would be ideal (I know I hit the jackpot marrying her). I also know it’s a vague question, but there are so many options and so little information I can dig up about any of these outfitters. We both want to hunt plains animals, at least 2 Kudu and she wants a Zebra. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, please direct me where to post if this is incorrect.
Also Fronteer is excellent and a great choice as well!

another one for...@GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS

Welcome to AH Forestry Aid and Mrs Forestry Aid.

In choosing your outfitter also consider the terrain they operate in. My daughter and son in law farm in the EC and I have hunted there. It is pretty desolate in that part, whereas I prefer wooded bush areas, so down by the coast is more for me. It would be a shame to end up in an area you don't like even if the hospitality is great.

I've hunted with Eastcape and Kaoo safaris three times. 2014, 2016, and 2019. Ashley and Dale run a first rate outfit and will put you on fantastic animals. Look for my report on my 2019 safari. That was mostly in the Northern Cape on a concession that no longer allows outside hunters. They have great success on all the trophies in the Eastern Cape. They are also great at arranging side trips to the safari.

I cannot tell you who is the best, or who is the worst, since I have not had the chance to hunt with all the outfitters in the EC. However, I can tell you that I did hunt with Game 4 Africa Safaris, and I had a fantastic time, and took some outstanding animals. Reach out if you have any questions, and good luck!

Looks like you have several to choose from:
1. Decide what you want the hunt to be.

2. Read hunt reports and go to the website of each to get a better feel.

3. contact the operator and discuss different options.

4. reach out to those that wrote the reports

5. figure all costs, airfare, taxidermy, shipping, overnight jberg etc.

6 book the hunt and have the hunt of a lifetime, nothing like it.

7 give us a hunt report with pics so we can live vicariously thru your report!

The East Cape is a varied and wonderful region of RSA. I would try to get to at least three regions within the EC. Find a nice base camp but move around. Travel to the coast for a day or two. Driving over a mountain pass to the warm Indian ocean side early in the morning can be spectacular. If cloudy, try to return when it is clear if possible and be sure your PH stops to let you take in the sights. Also be sure to spend a couple days in the Karoo. Rather than focusing on a hunt, focus on experiences and memories together.

The most relaxed way to hunt is go ahead and have a general list and of course budget in mind. But be very flexible and take a lot of what Africa gives you.... See a huge bushbuck or anything, take it. If you don't like it, don't. Don't shoot a mediocre kudu simply because it is "on your list". Try to hunt self sustaining populations on low fenced or very large properties. Do some night hunting at least one night. It is a cool experience and fun. You will see a lot of critters with a spotlight that you would not normally see. Even of just jackal, porcupine, genet.... they are (or should be) cheap and plentiful.

You will be back and can then get more focused on certain species. Just go have fun and enjoy the time with your new Spouse:)

Nick Bowker Hunting. He is a sponser on here. 3 of us hunted with him last year. Absolutely outstanding. He has all the species and top quality trophies. Massive amount of low fenced acres. My 5th Safari and probably tied for #1. I hope to go back in 24. He is also building a new lodge that should be finished the end of this month.

Love the East cape.
I must admit I’m a Game 4 Africa guy, and I’m all about supporting AH sponsors, but…
Asking who is the best outfitter in the Eastern Cape is like asking who the best outfitter is in Texas. There are a lot of them. And a lot of good ones. You could spend years researching them all and still not have a clear answer to your question.(I know)

Whoever you choose, I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENNNadine8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you