Hi to this interesting community

whynot

Reaction score
Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome! I have loved my African hunting experiences for the past fifteen years and this looks like a great place to touch base with my hunting brethren. I am currently booked for Burkina Faso in February and my wife is concerned for my safety so I am going to ask for input from your very experienced group. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to my experiences here. My name is John Weyandt and I live in the US in Western Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.

Welcome!

Second hand, but I talked to a guy who went on a lion hunt in BF last March. He was pleasantly surprised at both how friendly everyone was (meaning people in general) and at how safe he felt.

Welcome to AH John. Sure you will get the info you need from the great guys here.

Welcome!

Great to see yet another yinzer here!

Burkino Faso is an interesting destination at the moment. Assuming you have trip insurance, I would watch two things. First, and I think the major concern, is any civil unrest following the intervention of the Army leadership into the government last month. There were demonstrations earlier this month, but the situation seems to have quieted down with the appointment of the transitional government (St. Louis, Missouri, regrettably, seems more unstable) . The other concern is, of course, ebola. I think that is a pretty small risk. There are as of yet no reported cases, and even if there were, the chances of encountering a situation conducive to transmission would seem to be extremely remote. Indeed, many are suggesting this latest epidemic is starting to wane. Remember the doom sayers who were predicting a million cases by the new year. All that is a long way around to saying if the situation doesn't deteriorate over the next few weeks, I would certainly go.

Warm welcome to you.
Many fine folk on here and lots to learn an share
Enjoy the company of passionate hunters
Best regards
Dave

Welcome to AH John!

Welcome John. You are already starting to get input from the very knowledgeable members on here.

Welcome to AH.

Interesting hunting methods and available trophies. Great hunting opportunity. I look forward to your hunting report.

As Red Leg says unless the situation deteriorates have fun.

"BURKINA FASO - Exercise a high degree of caution
There is no nationwide advisory in effect for Burkina Faso. However, you should exercise a high degree of caution due to the threat of crime and armed banditry.

Regional Advisory for the area north of the Djibo-Dori line
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada advises against non-essential travel north of the Djibo-Dori line (up to the Mali and Niger borders), due to the threat of banditry and kidnapping."

Welcome to AH, John !

Welcome to AH John!

Welcome to AH, John!

Welcome John! Can't offer you any input on Burkina Faso, but I look forward to reading your report if you decide to go ahead with your hunt.

Welcome to the AH John it is good to have you with us!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Welcome to AH.jpg

Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome! I have loved my African hunting experiences for the past fifteen years and this looks like a great place to touch base with my hunting brethren. I am currently booked for Burkina Faso in February and my wife is concerned for my safety so I am going to ask for input from your very experienced group. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to my experiences here. My name is John Weyandt and I live in the US in Western Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh.
Lucky for you that you did indeed get the "enthusiastic welcome" you predicted!:rolleyes::eek::D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Welcome to the forum anyway!!:rolleyes: Per your trip, like most I have not been there but as always be cautious while traveling. I think most importantly here would be never be out of sight of your outfitter or PH around public places. In the bush I would be just normally careful. Whenever I travel I am automatically in condition yellow at all times and red around any kind of crowded areas, like airports etc. Most people go thru life in condition white which means they are paying ZERO:whistle: attention to what is going on around them. That is how people get mugged:mad:. Look forward to hearing some Africa stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.