Hi from northern Michigan

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard 93Marlin. AH is a fantastic site for hunters, gun collectors, shooters etc. I must say that your odd-ball calibers piqued my interest. I live in Southeastern Michigan but have a cabin and hunting property up North. I'd like to see some photos and hear some stories of and about your gun collection.

93Marlin, welcome to the forum! I can’t say I blame you for enjoying chase black bears. I keep trying to call one in, but I guess I just haven’t been close enough to get one to hear me except out of season. Still it was fun seeing one react.

I've lurking around here for a while on the advice of a friend. Most likely the largest game I'll ever chase is black bear. That's actually my favorite species.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to a great forum !

Hello 93marlin,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome 93Marlin!

I live in Southeastern Michigan.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the dark side, the best hunting site on the interweb

Welcome to this great forum! Enjoy the site!

Welcome to AH @93marlin ! I'm sure quite a lot of members (me included) would love to see some pictures from your uncommon caliber rifles ! Cheers!

I would love to share some pics, but I'm having a problem uploading.....

Welcome 93Marlin!

I live in Southeastern Michigan.
Welcome aboard 93Marlin. AH is a fantastic site for hunters, gun collectors, shooters etc. I must say that your odd-ball calibers piqued my interest. I live in Southeastern Michigan but have a cabin and hunting property up North. I'd like to see some photos and hear some stories of and about your gun collection.
I'll be sharing some photos as soon as I can get them to upload!
Where's your cabin? The U.P. or lower peninsula?

Lower peninsula, on the Eastern side, west northwest of Oscoda. My hunting property is about 30 miles north of the cabin just South of Hubbard Lake.

Welcome, I'm in Hudsonville ( near GR).

Hey Michigan AH guys! Lets get together for a big bore shoot.
I have a video of a charging buffalo target that looks easy enough to replicate.

Mark, please define "big bore." Depending on where and when I could be talked into that.

Hey Michigan AH guys! Lets get together for a big bore shoot.
I have a video of a charging buffalo target that looks easy enough to replicate.
That could be interesting!!

For me, "Big Bore" is .375 H&H or Ruger and bigger.
Some may start that at 9.3mm. Others may think anything less that a .416 or .458 isn't a big bore. If one only hunts plains game their Africa rifle may be limited to a .30-06! So be it.

My thought is for getting together for a fun shoot in which we get to meet one another and shoot!
No prizes what so ever. I do not envision a competition with rules, other than safe gun handling. We would be there for camaraderie and hopefully to enjoy some good marksmanship.

We could practice shooting off sticks, off hand (standing), maybe a moving target, and even long range for whatever rifles we chose to shoot. Being together for practice we could video each other shooting so that we could:
1. Review our own shooting form and learn
2. Share the videos if we don't look like idiots...

The above stated, I talked with Shootist43 who agreed to a fun shoot. I could host at my shooting club which charges a $20 guest fee. The Blue Water Sportsman's Association in Kimball, Michigan. It is very close to Port Huron. I am open to other venues more centrally located if someone else arranges it.

Welcome to AH. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EstebanO84

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!