Hi from France

Welcome to AH. This site will definitely put a safari in your future.

Hello, I am a 17 years old French hunter. I have always been liking hunting, fishing, firearms and outdoors.
I hunt boar, hare, nutria (swamp rats) dove and pheasants.
I have been binge reading threads on this forum for a while so here am I ;)
Bon Jour Antoine.
Hello, I am a 17 years old French hunter. I have always been liking hunting, fishing, firearms and outdoors.
Bon jour Antoine. Are you from the south of France, around Provence perhaps?

Welcome aboard!

Giday Antoine and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome welcome welcome

Salut Antoine et bienvenu sur AH.
Where are you from in France .... I'm from Seine et Marne....

Hello Antoine,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

@Antoine
Welcome to the forum!
You can be proud to be hunter at the age of 17! Enjoy the site, shoot any question you may be interested in! You wil find this community very friendly and supportive.

Welcome and enjoy

Antoine, welcome! Always good to see a young hunter involved in the sport!

Salut Antoine!
Bienvenue :)

Well that would be great especially as it would be following my grandfather's grandpas steps but budget wise I'll have to work for quite some time to be able to afford it - I still find it very interesting, especially the specific rifles and ammunition for this kind of hunt.

Regarding Safari budget, keep in mind that Africa typically starts as low as 2,000 € for an all inclusive (except airfare) 5 days 5 animals management hunt, and that many antelope females have horns too, so there are great trophies to take home.

A number of outfitters offer these. I have personally introduced many friends to Africa, who were incredulous initially at such low price, but had the hunt of their life. Whether you hunt Gold Medal animals or management animals, this is the same hunt, with the same PH, from the same lodge, enjoying the same African experience :)

For example, here is the result of one of my best friends first African Safari on a $2,300 all inclusive 5 days / 5 animals cull package (female Eland, female Blesbok, female Red Hartebeest, female Blue Wildebeest, female Black Wildebeest).

Thinking that Africa is impossible to afford is one of Top 3 classic misconception :)Well managed operations on large properties (tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands of acres) with naturally breeding herds, inevitably must manage populations of less desirable animals, including females, to keep within land carrying capacity...

1615155374829.png

1615155414794.png

1615155440284.png

1615155470201.png

1615155531979.png

Last edited:
@One Day... : these are all females? I actually didn't know the females of these species had horns... just did not think about them.
Might add a few of those to fill up the hunting days, without exploding the cost...
thanks for the pictures!

Salut Antoine!
Bienvenue :)

Regarding Safari budget, keep in mind that Africa typically starts as low as 2,000 € for an all inclusive (except airfare) 5 days 5 animals management hunt, and that many antelope females have horns too, so there are great trophies to take home.

A number of outfitters offer these. I have personally introduced many friends to Africa, who were incredulous initially at such low price, but had the hunt of their life. Whether you hunt Gold Medal animals or management animals, this is the same hunt, with the same PH, from the same lodge, enjoying the same African experience :)

For example, here is the result of one of my best friends first African Safari on a $2,300 all inclusive 5 days / 5 animals cull package (female Eland, female Blesbok, female Red Hartebeest, female Blue Wildebeest, female Black Wildebeest).

Thinking that Africa is impossible to afford is one of Top 3 classic misconception :)Well managed operations on large properties (tens and sometimes hundreds of thousands of acres) with naturally breeding herds, inevitably must manage populations of less desirable animals, including females, to keep within land carrying capacity...

View attachment 392073

View attachment 392074

View attachment 392075

View attachment 392076

View attachment 392077
Thanks One Day, I did not know that, I thought it started from 4 or 5 times that price - and these are some great looking animals and photos. It still is not something I can afford now but in a few years that would be a great hunting trip :)

welcome and we hope that you enjoy this site as much as we do.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg