Hey from Kevin

Hillbilly Marine

AH enthusiast
Joined
Apr 19, 2017
Messages
308
Reaction score
916
Location
Hertford, NC
I have been here for a while, reading and enjoying the myriad of posts and vast personal experiences. Just reading makes me happy (and to be truthful perhaps a bit jealous).

I spent twenty years in the Marine Corps and have been fixing helicopters my whole life. I have also been a lifelong "gun guy". My hunting experience has been mostly just deer and squirrels ( I do love hunting tree rats, yummy) in West Virginia and North Carolina. Having read way to much Rourke, Roosevelt, Bell etc in my youth left me with a desire, if not finances, to hunt Africa.

My rifle tastes are champagne to my beer budget. Part of the reason I joined is the great stories of the members firearms and observation of firearms topics. Little note here, I have discovered my CZ550 .416 Rigby is one hell of deer rifle, particularly with the old Hornady DGX rounds.

While I may not post very often I will enjoy the great company, wisdom, and often tomfoolery that I have enjoyed so far.
 
Hi and glad you started posting. Lots of us have champagne tastes and beer budgets when it comes to rifles. For me it is all about accuracy and reliability. African hunts, especially cull hunts are not unreasonably priced. Keep reading AH and you may find yourself going after all.
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH Kevin! Hope yo can make it to Africa soon.
 
Welcome Kevin, glad you signed up:)

You have the rifle now just "make a plan" to get to Africa;)
 
,................... Little note here, I have discovered my CZ550 .416 Rigby is one hell of deer rifle, particularly with the old Hornady DGX rounds. ................

I discovered that my copy of the exact same rifle scared everything into hiding just by being in the truck. I hope one day to test it and see if I can replicate your results.

Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome :S Welcome:
 
Welcome to the forum Hillbilly Marine! And thanks for your service!
 
Welcome to AH sir. Glad you decided to share a post with us. And yes your rifle is perfect for just about anything that walks the planet.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH, Kevin !
 
Welcome to AH!
 
.416 Rigby, that just screams Africa. Welcome.
 
Welcome to AH my friend. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. There are some great deals on this site. You will get there.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,028
Members
168,811
Latest member
Constance5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top