Hey from Kevin

Welcome Kevin
 
I have been here for a while, reading and enjoying the myriad of posts and vast personal experiences. Just reading makes me happy (and to be truthful perhaps a bit jealous).

I spent twenty years in the Marine Corps and have been fixing helicopters my whole life. I have also been a lifelong "gun guy". My hunting experience has been mostly just deer and squirrels ( I do love hunting tree rats, yummy) in West Virginia and North Carolina. Having read way to much Rourke, Roosevelt, Bell etc in my youth left me with a desire, if not finances, to hunt Africa.

My rifle tastes are champagne to my beer budget. Part of the reason I joined is the great stories of the members firearms and observation of firearms topics. Little note here, I have discovered my CZ550 .416 Rigby is one hell of deer rifle, particularly with the old Hornady DGX rounds.

While I may not post very often I will enjoy the great company, wisdom, and often tomfoolery that I have enjoyed so far.

Welcome and enjoy. 416 is one hell of a cartridge for deer![emoji15]
Good practice for hunting in the continent of Africa.[emoji4]
 
I have been here for a while, reading and enjoying the myriad of posts and vast personal experiences. Just reading makes me happy (and to be truthful perhaps a bit jealous).

I spent twenty years in the Marine Corps and have been fixing helicopters my whole life. I have also been a lifelong "gun guy". My hunting experience has been mostly just deer and squirrels ( I do love hunting tree rats, yummy) in West Virginia and North Carolina. Having read way to much Rourke, Roosevelt, Bell etc in my youth left me with a desire, if not finances, to hunt Africa.

My rifle tastes are champagne to my beer budget. Part of the reason I joined is the great stories of the members firearms and observation of firearms topics. Little note here, I have discovered my CZ550 .416 Rigby is one hell of deer rifle, particularly with the old Hornady DGX rounds.

While I may not post very often I will enjoy the great company, wisdom, and often tomfoolery that I have enjoyed so far.

I was thinking of going with a CZ550 in a bigger caliber for white tail this year. Looking forward to seeing some pics, and hearing about using it. At least my pals will be able to tell it was me who shot next year with a big bore in the woods. Cheers!
 
Welcome to AH Kevin! Glad you found us and joined our community.
 
Welcome aboard Marine!

:S Flag:
 
Welcome to AH Kevin! We look forward to you sharing your stories!
 
Welcome to this great forum Kevin! Enjoy the site!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,795
Members
169,414
Latest member
AileenA946
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top