Hello from Texas

I am a retired Aerospace Engineer and life long hunter, mostly whitetail deer in Texas. I dearly love the Krag Jorgensen rifles and have been slowly acquiring them as availability allows.
Hello kragfan,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Most antique cartridge rifles interest me to one degree or another.
The Krag is one of these that I enjoy examining and shooting.
I had owned one in past years, a full length infantry rifle.
Fired it from time to time at targets and I threatened to take it hunting.
But sadly, I never did hunt with it, mostly because I live in coastal Alaska.
(During our fall hunting season, it rains here a lot).

However, another old rifle grump here in AK that, I have known for almost 40 years now, often uses a vintage .30-40 for caribou hunting.
It was sporterized (perhaps in the 1930’s?) by someone who really knew what they were doing.
It is a real beauty, vintage receiver sight and all.
Be that as it may, my favorite of the various Krag designs is the US Army carbine version, unaltered.

In case you know anyone who cares, I also like the Winchester Model 95 saddle ring carbine in .30-40 as well.
While I’m on this rant, the M-95 Winchester in .303 British, especially again, the saddle ring carbine version, is another interesting rifle.

My apology for wandering off topic (as usual).
Anyway, everyone here is glad you joined.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
I am a retired Aerospace Engineer and life long hunter, mostly whitetail deer in Texas. I dearly love the Krag Jorgensen rifles and have been slowly acquiring them as availability allows.

Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome from NTX
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome @kragfan !! Let us know if you have any questions.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,366
Members
169,543
Latest member
BarneyBroc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top