Hello from Texas

I am a retired Aerospace Engineer and life long hunter, mostly whitetail deer in Texas. I dearly love the Krag Jorgensen rifles and have been slowly acquiring them as availability allows.
Hello kragfan,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Most antique cartridge rifles interest me to one degree or another.
The Krag is one of these that I enjoy examining and shooting.
I had owned one in past years, a full length infantry rifle.
Fired it from time to time at targets and I threatened to take it hunting.
But sadly, I never did hunt with it, mostly because I live in coastal Alaska.
(During our fall hunting season, it rains here a lot).

However, another old rifle grump here in AK that, I have known for almost 40 years now, often uses a vintage .30-40 for caribou hunting.
It was sporterized (perhaps in the 1930’s?) by someone who really knew what they were doing.
It is a real beauty, vintage receiver sight and all.
Be that as it may, my favorite of the various Krag designs is the US Army carbine version, unaltered.

In case you know anyone who cares, I also like the Winchester Model 95 saddle ring carbine in .30-40 as well.
While I’m on this rant, the M-95 Winchester in .303 British, especially again, the saddle ring carbine version, is another interesting rifle.

My apology for wandering off topic (as usual).
Anyway, everyone here is glad you joined.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

I am a retired Aerospace Engineer and life long hunter, mostly whitetail deer in Texas. I dearly love the Krag Jorgensen rifles and have been slowly acquiring them as availability allows.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome from NTX

Welcome to AH !

Welcome @kragfan !! Let us know if you have any questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg