Hello from Missouri!

BobT

AH fanatic
Joined
Jan 18, 2015
Messages
581
Reaction score
685
Location
Missouri Ozarks
Media
46
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
Tanzania
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I was born and raised in Missouri, worked for a couple of years in the lead mines after I finished school, decided I didn't want to be a miner so I joined the Navy and never looked back. I retired from the Navy in 1996 and have been working as a machinist since then
I'm planning my first safari, again, was all set to go a few years ago and a series of events forced me to postpone things. Right now I'm looking at a 10 day trip to South Africa for plains game. I'm still a couple of years out but figured I would get an early start.

I have enjoyed several hours worth of reading so far and just scratched the surface.
 
Welcome!
 
excuse you spike ...
gday bob welcome to AH , enjoy the site .......
 
Welcome and have fun on your safari to RSA...
 
Welcome to AH.
The international contingent has already welcomed you.

You have just scratched the surface.

Enjoy.
 
Welcome to AH, @BobT ,
There are enough guys hanging around here on the forums to offer some great advice. All the best with your planning.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
 
Welcome to AH BobT! Enjoy the site...
 
Welcome to AH, Bob !
 
Hello from Kansas City and welcome to AH. Go Chief
 
Welcome BobT... Enjoy the forum!
 
Welcome to AH! Enjoy your planning it's part of the fun.
 
Welcome aboard Bob! Glad to have you here.

Where in the Ozarks are you?

Tim
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH BobT. I'm over in Kansas City! Ask lots of questions as there are some good folks here willing to help!
 
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I was born and raised in Missouri, worked for a couple of years in the lead mines after I finished school, decided I didn't want to be a miner so I joined the Navy and never looked back. I retired from the Navy in 1996 and have been working as a machinist since then
I'm planning my first safari, again, was all set to go a few years ago and a series of events forced me to postpone things. Right now I'm looking at a 10 day trip to South Africa for plains game. I'm still a couple of years out but figured I would get an early start.

I have enjoyed several hours worth of reading so far and just scratched the surface.
You are sure to enjoy hunting in South Africa. I have been there 4 times, in the West & Eastern Cape provinces, up north on the Botswana border & northeast near Kruger NP. There is a wonderful profusion of game from Steenbok, Springbok (delicious to eat) Nyala, Kudu, and all the way up to Cape Buffalo. A 404 Jeffery has no noticeable recoil when you have a buffalo in the sights!
 
Welcome to AH!!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,405
Members
169,351
Latest member
JasmineDas
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top