Hello from Maryland US

SikaMDhunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hello from MD.
Lifelong hunter, grew up out west. Military got me stuck in the south, following that my career got me to the DC region. Own property on MD Eastern shore for Sika deer hunting and excellent waterfowl. Many western hunts through the various states tag systems. Upcoming 2023 RSA hunt with my brother. Been lurking on the site for months decided to contribute.
Mostly a bow hunter for big game. Glad to join

I didn’t realize there were sika deer on the DelMarVa peninsula. Hmmm… crackin’ crabs and shooting sika. Sounds like fun.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome! I would enjoy hearing about your sika deer hunting. That sounds intriguing.

Welcome! I would enjoy hearing about your sika deer hunting. That sounds intriguing.
On the eastern shore of Maryland and into parts of Delaware is a population of sika. A good amount of state public land and the fws Blackwater refuge allow their hunting. Lots of private land is an option too. No special tags or points just a license and deer tags.

Giday and welcome to the A H forums.

Hello from MD.
Lifelong hunter, grew up out west. Military got me stuck in the south, following that my career got me to the DC region. Own property on MD Eastern shore for Sika deer hunting and excellent waterfowl. Many western hunts through the various states tag systems. Upcoming 2023 RSA hunt with my brother. Been lurking on the site for months decided to contribute.
Mostly a bow hunter for big game. Glad to join

Welcome to AH from a western boy but born in raised in Maryland. I can’t say I envy you, I prefer the west. But if you have ground for Sika and waterfowl, well that‘s a nice counterbalance to all those people.

Welcome to the posting side.
Free range Sika hunting in the US. Learned something new today.
Share some tales of those adventures for sure.

Hello SikaMDhunter,
I live in Dorchester County and have been to the RSA twice. Most recently in May of this year. If have any questions or concerns I'd be happy to help.

Welcome to Africa Hunting. I am in St Michaels just north of you. My Eastern Shore hunting is mostly waterfowl and turkeys. It is not well known but the Eastern Shore has outstanding turkey hunting, better than any of the other 15 or so states where I have hunted turkeys.
Do you hunt turkeys?

Greetings from Deep Creek Lake, Maryland!! Lots of great information and offers here!!

My family is from Dorchester and I go back to Eastern Shore a lot (in VA now). There is free range Sika on Assateague Island as well. Fun to hunt those guys!!

Welcome to the site-you are in great company, jealous of your rsa plans, wish I could go back next year. Until then, there are lots of waterfowl to hunt closer to home!

Welcome to AH Sika, I look forward to hearing about your Africa trip preps.

Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.

welcome welcome welcome

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard. Your certainly in good company here.

Welcome to AH. saw a "Meateater" episode about the Sika hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross