Hello from Italy

Zkk93

Reaction score
Ciao everybody, I come from Italy and I hunt mainly in the southern part of Tuscany, the Maremma my species are roebuck and wild boar, this one both in stalking and driven hunt.
My nickname comes off from the first rifle I bought myself a Zkk in 7x57 combined with my year of birth.
I often browse this forum thanks to the interesting threads about classic calibers, bullet choice, reloading and so on.
It is a pleasure to be there.

Welcome to AH Zkk93! Glad to have you on the posting side and looking forward to your contribution.

Benvenuto mio signore

Giday ZKK93 and welcome to the A H forums

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to our new Italian friend.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH

Hello Zkk93,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

The 7x57 MM is a favorite caliber of many forum members here.
I have a converted military Venezuelan Modelo ‘98 Mauser that, is now transformed into a cute little stalking rifle, via my favorite local Gunsmith.

Since you already hunt with a 7x57, I do not need to describe the virtues of this cartridge.
My following thoughts here are for those reading along, who have not tried the 7x57 for hunting.
It is one of the very finest / versatile hunting cartridges the world has ever known.
It’s only real limitation is that, despite the once famous elephant hunter, Walter “Karamojo” Bell’s claim to the contrary, the 7x57 is not well suited to truly heavy, dangerous game.

It’s beauty is due to its ability to use various types of ammunition and its low recoil.
It has a low trajectory with light, fast bullets for longer shots against thin skinned animals.
When conditions such as open grasslands and cross canyon shots are called for, a 140 grain spitzer works very well.
And yet, it also can use heavy for caliber bullets, when hunting things like boar and stag in thick forest and bush.
A blunt shaped 175 grain bullet works well for such bushveld conditions.

No doubt, since you are a hand loader you already know these things and so, I am “preaching to the choir” LoL.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Zkk93, welcome to the AH forum! Years ago I was fortunate enough to get to visit Italy. Once studying cattle for a month and many years later as a bicycle touring around for three weeks. Beautiful country!

Welcome to AH

Bienvenido!

Welcome Zkk93 Good choice of rifle.

Benvenuto !

Thank you, for the warm reception.
Hope to be a good and helpful member of this forum.

Hi Velo Dog, in theory i know on the hunting ground i know it in a minor way because i have already bagged only three with this calibers. I am using it as "gym" for reloading tecnique, the best results i have scored are with BT of 140 grains and Eld-M 162 but i would like to try others to perform better.
Unlicky my rifle shoots the 175 RN like a shotgun, instead of BT performs very well on the paper.
On the meat i have been shooting only the 177 grains Brenneke TIG.

Welcome to our forum @Zkk93 . I have never hunted Italy but have visited there several times from Brindisi to Venice. Hope to go again some day. Lots to learn from our forum and we hope to hear more about your boar hunts in Tuscany....such a beautiful place!!!

Welcome aboard ZKK93. I have an older BRNO in 7 X 57. They are great rifles. I recently picked up a BRNO ZKK 602, still trying to get a good load worked up for the 375 H&H. How about some stories and pics. from previous hunts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnyOkn64

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois