Hello from Auburn, AL.

Thomas Wilson

New member
Joined
Oct 23, 2014
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Have been hunting all of my life, but the really large and dangerous game for the last 4 years. Wife hunts, too. we have discovered our passion.
 
Welcome to AH.

Stories and pictures. You are behind by four years!!! :)
 
just found this place. Best news...wife took her 1st buff 3 weeks ago. .416 ruger. 2 shots by her, me on the 3rd. Dropped from charge at 15 yards. Adrenaline RUSH !!!!!! beautiful animal
 
Hi Thomas,:)

Welcome to AH...(y)

We all would like to hear your story and pictures on your hunt...:cool:
 
To all...most folks call me Doc. I put Thomas to say, hello and set this up. Pics not with me at desk at university. I am also quite bad in loading them. At any rate, we first got onto them on Friday afternoon, but never got close. Started again Saturday morn and once on tracks, followed and tracked for 3 hours. Slowly, on foot. Came up on them feeding and facing away from us with wind in our favor. PH( Matt) called wife up to the front and got her set...boom, 1st shot hit just back of the arm pit, driver's side, quartering away. Never knew a 1500 pound animal could in one leap completely turn around and face us, without hitting the ground. Very fast. Blood from nose immediately. Started forward , pretty much straight on, but angling a bit to our right and wife put 2nd shot in, but she had the shakes a bit and it hit buff in the side of the face. Now it is really angry. Wife ( Neva) was so pumped she could not hold the rifle still. Now it turns directly at us , full speed. PH told me to shoot. I centered on the chest, just under the chin and put one in at 15 yards. As we say here: " pole-axed". Most exciting hunt I have ever been on and am so proud of my wife. 7 years ago she was only doing photos. Now she does it all. Trip was what she wanted for her birthday and our anniversary combined.
 
hi thomas welcome to you and your madam sounds like the two of you are having some fun !! :D think you might have to be thomas as the Doc monniker is occupied by a big mean person who hides out in walvis bay!!! ;)
 
Welcome!
 
gday Thomas welcome and enjoy AH, glad to have you here
sorry mate doc is already taken, so is dopey (me) and grumpy (up above to posts ), and (happy ,is below him) so you will have to pick one of the remaining dwarfs, cobber.
your brides buff hunt sounds plenty exciting , like to see the pictures .
 
Welcome Doc, great story!
 
Welcome to the forum Doc... Thanks for sharing the great story with us!
 
Happy to join all of you. We are working on a another hunt next October if we can get all of the finances straight. I think that we will. Anybody that has another adventure , please share and I will read along. This is fantastic. By the way, the hide will eventually make it to our den as the main rug.
 
Happy to join all of you. We are working on a another hunt next October if we can get all of the finances straight. I think that we will. Anybody that has another adventure , please share and I will read along. This is fantastic. By the way, the hide will eventually make it to our den as the main rug.

Check out the hunt reports section and you'll find lots of African hunting stories: http://www.africahunting.com/community/hunting-reports/
 
Welcome to AH Doc! Looking forward to the pics. If your Ever up in the Russellville, AL area feel free to stop by and we'll swap stories.
 
Welcome to AH, Thomas !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,315
Messages
1,572,635
Members
169,597
Latest member
Stevenpoeni
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top