Hello All!

Jaeger717

AH member
Joined
Jul 22, 2018
Messages
14
Reaction score
7
Media
1
I just found this site and was really happy such a source of information from people who have “been there, done that” exists. Tomorrow I’m picking up my CZ 550 American Safari in .416 Rigby and am looking forward to developing loads for it.
 
Welcome to AH Jaeger717! Glad you found us.
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Thank you all for the nice responses! Picked up the rifle today and do believe that I am in love! Also arriving today were my dies and shell holders. I have some ammo arriving Wednesday so should be able to take it out to the range next week. The one main problem I have found with this rifle is that it makes me want more in different calibers! I feel a .375 H&H coming on in the very near future.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome Jaeger717!
 
Welcome, .416 Rigby is a fine caliber, I just used one in Zambia last year and was so impressed that I just bought a RSM chamber in .416 Rigby and am also in the process of working up a load for it. Good luck and please post what you come up with.
 
Welcome to AH and congrats on the new rifle!
 
I just found this site and was really happy such a source of information from people who have “been there, done that” exists. Tomorrow I’m picking up my CZ 550 American Safari in .416 Rigby and am looking forward to developing loads for it.
Welcome - sounds exciting
 
Welcome aboard Jaeger717. Good choice of caliber. When you get your dies and components make up 4 dummy rounds so you can practice working the bolt to assure positive loading and ejection. Under the heat of the moment short stroking those long cartridges has caused anxious moments on occasion. Do you have any plans or thoughts of hunting Africa any time in the near future (read one or two years?)
 
Welcome to AH
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Welcome to the family Jaeger717!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,409
Members
169,354
Latest member
MarionMcCl
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top