Hello All!

Welcome to the posting side Jaeger717. Enjoy.

Welcome to this great forum Jaeger717! Enjoy the site!

Thank you all for the nice responses! Picked up the rifle today and do believe that I am in love! Also arriving today were my dies and shell holders. I have some ammo arriving Wednesday so should be able to take it out to the range next week. The one main problem I have found with this rifle is that it makes me want more in different calibers! I feel a .375 H&H coming on in the very near future.
Jaeger717 - Welcome to AH.
Like to see some pics of the 416.
Lots of enablers here to assist you with your future big bore addiction.
Cheers.

Welcome to our place Jaeger

Now that I’ve had it to the range I thought I’d throw in a picture. Must say it really is a gentleman to shoot. Now I have to get another in .375H&H because well, everyone needs a .375!

8423892D-1BE9-4CC6-8800-FE60E0C1085D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Jaeger717. Good choice of caliber. When you get your dies and components make up 4 dummy rounds so you can practice working the bolt to assure positive loading and ejection. Under the heat of the moment short stroking those long cartridges has caused anxious moments on occasion. Do you have any plans or thoughts of hunting Africa any time in the near future (read one or two years?)

Good advice. I have always practiced working a bolt gun from the shoulder and doing so feels second nature to me. The longer bolt throw of the 550 Magnum doesn’t really feel that long to me when working the action. My dummy (and real) rounds load , extract and eject flawlessly. I expected some time to break in the action but it’s been a pleasure from out of the box and just gets better.

Yeah I think I'll stick with a straight up CZ. Don't find anything that needs fixing. Interesting site though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!