Has Anyone flown Internationally since COVID?

JES Adventures

AH elite
Reaction score
Website
ranchinvestments.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, GSCO, HSC, NRA and FNAWS
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
I am trying to get a hunt together for Tanzania in September and am curious what International travel will be like. Have any members out there flown since the craziness started?

Wondering the same thing! I may be considering going to one of the countries now open in 2020.

I had to cancel July safari to Namibia and was able to put a hunt together in Tanzania as well but mine is in October. Looking forward to feedback on this thread.

No, and so far they only carrier that I have seen flying to Africa is Ethiopian and the fares have been outrageous. I saw that Emirates is showing fares November time frame, but still outrageous too. As you reside in the same general area as me, would it be fair to say you are going with Adam? He did have a great deal on Buffalo. I also saw where Michel Mantheakis has a reduced price too.

I have flown domestic, it was certainly different.

Last edited:
QATAR has flights out of Logan to Dar es Salaam via Doha..

I was on a plane to Iceland when President Trump came out and said that they were closing off all traffic from Europe. Boss and I couldn't decide if I should work from home when I get back, by the time I got home the office had closed down and been closed ever since.

I have been to Hungary, Ireland, England, and Belarus recently and it was a nightmare each time. I was supposed to go to France two weeks ago but luckily I will not have to make that trip. I would delay any hunting trips until after all of this is over. Not only is it an incredible hassle, but I fear for what could happen to your guns during an imposed quarantine.

I haven't flown international, but the few domestic flights I have been on sucked. 16+ hours on a flight, wearing a mask would be truly horrible. I would still do it if I was going on a hunt, but it would be miserable.

Lufthansa has negotiated with Namibian authorities to have 3 scheduled flights from Frankfurt to Windhoek per week as of the 19 September 2020. Fingers crossed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThadHowell

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross