Has Anyone flown Internationally since COVID?

JES Adventures

AH elite
Reaction score
Website
ranchinvestments.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, GSCO, HSC, NRA and FNAWS
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
I am trying to get a hunt together for Tanzania in September and am curious what International travel will be like. Have any members out there flown since the craziness started?

Wondering the same thing! I may be considering going to one of the countries now open in 2020.

I had to cancel July safari to Namibia and was able to put a hunt together in Tanzania as well but mine is in October. Looking forward to feedback on this thread.

No, and so far they only carrier that I have seen flying to Africa is Ethiopian and the fares have been outrageous. I saw that Emirates is showing fares November time frame, but still outrageous too. As you reside in the same general area as me, would it be fair to say you are going with Adam? He did have a great deal on Buffalo. I also saw where Michel Mantheakis has a reduced price too.

I have flown domestic, it was certainly different.

Last edited:
QATAR has flights out of Logan to Dar es Salaam via Doha..

I was on a plane to Iceland when President Trump came out and said that they were closing off all traffic from Europe. Boss and I couldn't decide if I should work from home when I get back, by the time I got home the office had closed down and been closed ever since.

I have been to Hungary, Ireland, England, and Belarus recently and it was a nightmare each time. I was supposed to go to France two weeks ago but luckily I will not have to make that trip. I would delay any hunting trips until after all of this is over. Not only is it an incredible hassle, but I fear for what could happen to your guns during an imposed quarantine.

I haven't flown international, but the few domestic flights I have been on sucked. 16+ hours on a flight, wearing a mask would be truly horrible. I would still do it if I was going on a hunt, but it would be miserable.

Lufthansa has negotiated with Namibian authorities to have 3 scheduled flights from Frankfurt to Windhoek per week as of the 19 September 2020. Fingers crossed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronica

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!