Politics

IMG_2509.jpeg
 
This ones pretty good too.....



A good book on this topic is The Reluctant Warlord
 
If our government was intelligent, they would allow the US to be energy independent again. I know logic is something that our elected officials lack.
We are the one of the biggest oil producers in the World and energy independent however it doesn't make any difference how much we pay for oil.
Oil is a global commodity and nobody will sell it less than the global price which is dictated by supply and demand.
 
$150 a barrel certainly makes Eagle Ford very profitable to drill and employ more Texans. That’s a great thing, of course the problem is it makes the price for a gallon of gas extremely high, which make me poorer.
 
The US is the biggest oil producer in the world, see https://www.statista.com/statistics...the-top-fifteen-countries-in-barrels-per-day/
But it does consume far more than it produces, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_consumption
Compared to other highly delevoped countries it consumes the most oil per capita. Improving energy usage would be the most efficient way to get in balance as I don't think producing so much more oil is possible.
“Drill baby, drill!”- T. Boone Pickens
 
The US is the biggest oil producer in the world, see https://www.statista.com/statistics...the-top-fifteen-countries-in-barrels-per-day/
But it does consume far more than it produces, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_consumption
Compared to other highly delevoped countries it consumes the most oil per capita. Improving energy usage would be the most efficient way to get in balance as I don't think producing so much more oil is possible.
Nowhere in the World I mean nowhere not even in the Gulf countries you'll see this many cars with only a single person inside or this many gas guzzling vehicles.
The amount of oil we are wasting is beyond comprehension but in simple terms spending brings borrowing and this is how our economy operates.
 
$150 a barrel certainly makes Eagle Ford very profitable to drill and employ more Texans. That’s a great thing, of course the problem is it makes the price for a gallon of gas extremely high, which make me poorer.
$150 a barrel might be possible but stable oil around these prices is better for everyone including drillers.
Higher prices generally leads to a bust.
 
$150 a barrel might be possible but stable oil around these prices is better for everyone including drillers.
Higher prices generally leads to a bust.

Stable oil prices are better for the economy in general, at whatever level. Intermediate inventories are huge. Swinging inventory values are very unsettling and make for economic uncertainty.
 
Nowhere in the World I mean nowhere not even in the Gulf countries you'll see this many cars with only a single person inside or this many gas guzzling vehicles.
The amount of oil we are wasting is beyond comprehension but in simple terms spending brings borrowing and this is how our economy operates.
If women were allowed to drive in the Gulf countries that would not be true. A male relative is required for a woman to go anywhere, therefore most cars will have at least two occupants. Other countries don't have as.many cars per capita and people need to stuff more people into fewer cars. They also have populations mire concentrated into cities making mass transit somewhat more practical.
 
If women were allowed to drive in the Gulf countries that would not be true. A male relative is required for a woman to go anywhere, therefore most cars will have at least two occupants. ...
Actually, women are allowed drive everywhere in Gulf countries now seeing Saudi Arabia allowed it as of 2018. And they do not need a male relative to be with them while driving.
 
Nowhere in the World I mean nowhere not even in the Gulf countries you'll see this many cars with only a single person inside or this many gas guzzling vehicles.
The amount of oil we are wasting is beyond comprehension but in simple terms spending brings borrowing and this is how our economy operates.
I am not sure I am following your analogy. Most of the world is not prosperous enough to offer multiple automobiles as an option for families, and most of Europe has punitive taxation on fuel. Add to that the environmental ideologues who are making it increasingly difficult to even drive in larger European cities, and car demand is suppressed. Then, of course, there is the issue of travel distances which are unique to the US among first world economies. The only difference that I have ever noticed among the Gulf States is that the families are larger which makes for a more crowded family outing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,083
Members
169,491
Latest member
citydancecorpsyouth
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top