Getting started

So, I have decided to start working towards an African Safari. I met an amazing PH in Germany last March and she kindled my interest in hunting the Cape Buffalo. I am saving my pennies and I have been researching suitable rifles and optics.
So far I am leaning towards the Sako Brown Bear in .416 Rigby with a lynx hunter scope.
Of course life is interfering (new roof, other toys) and it may be some time before I can get it together, but in the meantime I am looking forward to continuing my research and learning a thing or two. I have hunted lots in BC where I live, but I am feeling a pull to go to Africa. I look forward to our positive interactions.
Thanks for joining. I appreciate your interest in positive interaction! The folks on this forum are generous with their help. I find myself feeling like friends even though we will likely never meet. Africa is affordable and doable for many of us. I look forward to your sharing your experiences.

So, I have decided to start working towards an African Safari. I met an amazing PH in Germany last March and she kindled my interest in hunting the Cape Buffalo. I am saving my pennies and I have been researching suitable rifles and optics.
So far I am leaning towards the Sako Brown Bear in .416 Rigby with a lynx hunter scope.
Of course life is interfering (new roof, other toys) and it may be some time before I can get it together, but in the meantime I am looking forward to continuing my research and learning a thing or two. I have hunted lots in BC where I live, but I am feeling a pull to go to Africa. I look forward to our positive interactions.

I'm quite late in responding, but nonetheless welcome to AH!

Welcome to the family and the forum Sheldon, you are in the right place!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry I haven't responded earlier. Been busy fighting global gun control crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg