Getting started

So, I have decided to start working towards an African Safari. I met an amazing PH in Germany last March and she kindled my interest in hunting the Cape Buffalo. I am saving my pennies and I have been researching suitable rifles and optics.
So far I am leaning towards the Sako Brown Bear in .416 Rigby with a lynx hunter scope.
Of course life is interfering (new roof, other toys) and it may be some time before I can get it together, but in the meantime I am looking forward to continuing my research and learning a thing or two. I have hunted lots in BC where I live, but I am feeling a pull to go to Africa. I look forward to our positive interactions.
Thanks for joining. I appreciate your interest in positive interaction! The folks on this forum are generous with their help. I find myself feeling like friends even though we will likely never meet. Africa is affordable and doable for many of us. I look forward to your sharing your experiences.
 
So, I have decided to start working towards an African Safari. I met an amazing PH in Germany last March and she kindled my interest in hunting the Cape Buffalo. I am saving my pennies and I have been researching suitable rifles and optics.
So far I am leaning towards the Sako Brown Bear in .416 Rigby with a lynx hunter scope.
Of course life is interfering (new roof, other toys) and it may be some time before I can get it together, but in the meantime I am looking forward to continuing my research and learning a thing or two. I have hunted lots in BC where I live, but I am feeling a pull to go to Africa. I look forward to our positive interactions.

I'm quite late in responding, but nonetheless welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the family and the forum Sheldon, you are in the right place!
 
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry I haven't responded earlier. Been busy fighting global gun control crap.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,054
Members
169,692
Latest member
PrestonWat
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top