Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
So, I have decided to start working towards an African Safari. I met an amazing PH in Germany last March and she kindled my interest in hunting the Cape Buffalo. I am saving my pennies and I have been researching suitable rifles and optics.
So far I am leaning towards the Sako Brown Bear in .416 Rigby with a lynx hunter scope.
Of course life is interfering (new roof, other toys) and it may be some time before I can get it together, but in the meantime I am looking forward to continuing my research and learning a thing or two. I have hunted lots in BC where I live, but I am feeling a pull to go to Africa. I look forward to our positive interactions.
Thanks for joining. I appreciate your interest in positive interaction! The folks on this forum are generous with their help. I find myself feeling like friends even though we will likely never meet. Africa is affordable and doable for many of us. I look forward to your sharing your experiences.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So, I have decided to start working towards an African Safari. I met an amazing PH in Germany last March and she kindled my interest in hunting the Cape Buffalo. I am saving my pennies and I have been researching suitable rifles and optics.
So far I am leaning towards the Sako Brown Bear in .416 Rigby with a lynx hunter scope.
Of course life is interfering (new roof, other toys) and it may be some time before I can get it together, but in the meantime I am looking forward to continuing my research and learning a thing or two. I have hunted lots in BC where I live, but I am feeling a pull to go to Africa. I look forward to our positive interactions.
I'm quite late in responding, but nonetheless welcome to AH!

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Welcome to the family and the forum Sheldon, you are in the right place!

Sheldon Clare

Reaction score
Member of
National Firearms Association, CORE Examiner
Thanks for the warm welcome. Sorry I haven't responded earlier. Been busy fighting global gun control crap.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

pamtnman wrote on Timothy Doyle's profile.
Interested in the 450/400 dies. I have PayPal. Thank you
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.
On the ocean or in the bush .