Covid: Africa travel Restrictions / Flight Suspensions over Omicron variant

Of course, the stock market took a dive today from it.
I still find it hard to believe it hasn’t crashed already this year due to the current regime.

From CNN
"The European Union and other major destinations have moved to block flights from African countries following the discovery of an aggressive mutation of the Covid-19 virus.

The new strain, known as B.1.1.529 variant, has been detected in South Africa, Botswana, Belgium, Israel and Hong Kong.

While only dozens of cases have been identified so far, news of the variant is already sparking fears around the world and rattling global markets."

Now, it is early but should we consider a travel problems. I am in the planning stage for the next trip to Africa next year or after it.
What the outfitters in Africa can do about it.
Sorry for bring some disturbing news.

Spoke to a good friend of mine this morning about this new variant and wave.
We are just sick and tired of all this crap it either has to stop or just be the end of the world I'm happy with both.

Just as things kinda gets to normal then crap again its like a never ending story.

The US has just banned all travel from South Africa and several other African countries.

If the guys can’t get over the shows become somewhat pointless. What a crap show.

The US has just banned all travel from South Africa and several other African countries.
Not sure if I misunderstood the last paragraph of article but seems US Citizens can still travel here?

IMG_20211126_211832.jpg

Last edited:
Been 1 day since this kicked off, give it a week and anyone can imagine what the projected outcome will be. Frickin rediculous!

I’ll bet the farm this variant is everywhere already. Not a lot of motivation for countries and economies to investigate new variants when it results in senseless travel bans.

Once again, it seems politicians can only react, not plan. One country starts, and the leaders (!) of others just follow along, not wanting to be called out by the media for not caring about their citizens. Borders are being closed, livelihoods are being threatened, and people’s lives are being controlled.

And there is no plan to get out of this . . .

Impacts on travel and in particular SCI/DSC sure to follow . . .

I see the word restrict as opposed to ban being used. Also see it mentions young people, whatever that means, as being this variants target.

Oh well, I had no plans for this next year anyway. The way things are going I doubt I will ever go back, or anywhere else for that matter.
They really need to come up with something more effective than the current types of so called vaccines which I think can only be viewed as an interim solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.