Another New Member from Colorado

Huvius

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hello!
Long time poster on other forums - I'm sure I know a few of you.
Finally thinking seriously about a trip to Africa and this looks to be the place to gather the essential information as well as chatting with others with an interest in vintage and antique safari type rifles!

Giday Huvius. I have "met" you on a couple of forums but welcome to the best there is in the A H forum.

Welcome to an excellent site. Tell us s bit about your hunts and rifles. Your new friend, Brian

Welcome to an excellent site. Tell us s bit about your hunts and rifles. Your new friend, Brian
I've been collecting and shooting British rifles - single shots mostly but also some doubles and Mausers for some time now.
Also have spent a lot of effort and time getting my rifles to shoot respectably including swaging projectiles and even learning the case forming, bullet swaging and paper patching for black powder cartridge rifles.
Unfortunately, obligations prevent me from doing much hunting. That will ease up in the next couple years though.

Welcome to AH Huvius!

Welcome to AH! You'll find a wealth of info from some friendly folks here!

Welcome to AH Huvius! Please let us know if we can assist with anything.

All the best with your research.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome. Tell us more about your Mausers please.

There is just something magical and irreplaceable about old school and classics.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, Should you have any questions please feel free to email me at info@leopardlegend.com
or inbox me.
We are situated in the North-west of Namibia and also have a free range hunting concession in the North-west.

L'wyk Jansen van Vuuren

Welcome HUVIUS!

If you want to explore some free-range options in Matetsi, Zimbabwe give us a shout!
Matetsi is famous for it's Wild Lion, Cape Buffalo, Sable and Reedbuck! We offer the full range of plainsgame and elephant, leopard, hyena, etc. all in one 100,000 acre unfenced wilderness area. No human habitation, no domestic animals, just you and wild Africa!

Welcome. Tell us more about your Mausers please.

There is just something magical and irreplaceable about old school and classics.
I've had a thing for the original Oberndorf Mauser and pre war sporting rifles for some time.
Have sold quite a few including a great 350 Rigby, 6.5 Portugese TypeA and a 7mm Daniel Fraser, a really nice 425 Westley, a couple Mahillon 416 Rigbys (one prewar on a square bridge Magnum Mauser action and the other on an FN action), a William Evans 404 and a host of others.
Was buying and selling for a while actually to build the collection but have mostly sought out British and Scottish falling block rifles.
Now, I have two TypeAs, a Cogswell & Harrison retailed 10.75X68 and a square bridge 30'06 and a couple TypeBs as well.
Also a 500 Schuler Jumbo as they were called and a Hoffman chambered in 280 Dubiel that is quite fancy which was my Uncle's hunting rifle before WW2.
My favorite at the moment is an unnamed British 375 Express (9.5X56 Mannlicher) that is a joy to shoot and very accurate.

Welcome to AH. Best site out there!

Welcome, lots of good info and better people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyunbbsx

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!

here with available dates for 2024/25