Another New Guy From N. Idaho

intj

Gold supporter
AH member
Reaction score
This looks like a great site! I have been around hunting/shooting forums for 26 years. I don't yet recognize anyone here but there must be some who are familiar with me, for better or worse.

I decided it's time to get serious about Africa. I have been wanting to hunt Africa for at least 20 years, but life kept getting in the way. Since I am in my early 60s and I'm good health, now is the time.

I have a lot of research to do and questions to ask. Before I jump in, here is a little about me.

I was a USAF pilot for 24 years, then worked in the forest products industry in Oregon for 12.5, and am currently the GM for Unknown Munitions.

I am a 1000 yd BR competitor and build my own rifles with my own lathe and mill that I have at home. I play lead trumpet in a big band, and I still fly a little. I also get in a little fly-fishing and and a little hunting as well, though not as much as I used to.

I have been shooting .416 to .458 bore rifles for probably 25 years. It's time to take one to Africa!

:S Welcome:

Welcome! Enjoy the group. We could use some musical talent!

Greetings intj,

Thank You for your service to this USA of ours.

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you can spare a moment, have a look into the Khomas Safaris web site.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Good luck with your research.
You found a great resource.
Welcome.

Giday intj and welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome to AH intj!

Welcome intj, Africa is here and waiting. Enjoy preparing and ask lots of questions, but really it is all just fun, nothing daunting about hunting Africa.

This looks like a great site! I have been around hunting/shooting forums for 26 years. I don't yet recognize anyone here but there must be some who are familiar with me, for better or worse.

I decided it's time to get serious about Africa. I have been wanting to hunt Africa for at least 20 years, but life kept getting in the way. Since I am in my early 60s and I'm good health, now is the time.

I have a lot of research to do and questions to ask. Before I jump in, here is a little about me.

I was a USAF pilot for 24 years, then worked in the forest products industry in Oregon for 12.5, and am currently the GM for Unknown Munitions.

I am a 1000 yd BR competitor and build my own rifles with my own lathe and mill that I have at home. I play lead trumpet in a big band, and I still fly a little. I also get in a little fly-fishing and and a little hunting as well, though not as much as I used to.

I have been shooting .416 to .458 bore rifles for probably 25 years. It's time to take one to Africa!
Welcome from another N Idaho resident. Hunting Africa is very addictive. Enjoy the journey

Good day, Sir! Welcome from us too! Please feel free to check out our website as well.
Regards, Johan

Welcome.

Welcome to the site
It is full of very good information.
Enjoy your research.
It is part of the fun.
If you want any additional info or pricing feel free to send us an e-mail.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Welcome to this great forum! Enjoy the site! If there is a way we can be of help to you please feel free to call or send us a message.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH. Lots of information and helpful folks on the site. Have bought some of Unknown Munition products in the past.

Welcome @intj! What aircraft did you fly in the USAF? My dad was a KC-135 pilot for most of his career and we lived at Fairchild AFB. Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho are among some of my favorite memories. Have fun planning your African adventure. Lots of great info on this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,