AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2021

I understand putting the brakes on for a bit. I’ll assure you that (I have my sources) COVID is over as of now and will never return. No second wave possible.
Thanks Phil for working on this and give it a month then get the thing booked!
Regards,
Philip
Philip how sure are your sources?? I only ask as I may place bet

Good morning
I would like to throw out an idea of finding a outdoor area, (ranch or ?) Close to Dallas that we could have a brain. I know it would be tougher to setup than a catered dinner. But would be an option closer to a nightly firepit while on safari.
i have a farm 62 miles ( 1 hour 2 minutes ) from convention center

Just got this notice sad day

embeddable_2b077247-92b2-4eac-a04c-6af3c550cf63.png

The leader in defending the freedom to hunt and promoting wildlife conservation worldwide.

SCI Statement on 2021 Convention​

After much contemplation and exhaustive effort, Safari Club International (SCI) has made the difficult decision to cancel its 2021 Hunters’ Convention. COVID-19-related restrictions imposed by the state of Nevada and city of Las Vegas to ensure a safe event environment during the ongoing pandemic has made it impossible to conduct a successful event for our members and exhibitors, or serve the greater good of wildlife conservation.

For 49 consecutive years SCI has conducted its annual convention, bringing together from around the world, hunters, exhibitors, conservation stakeholders, and generations of SCI members. This annual event celebrates hunter advocacy, raises hundreds of thousands of dollars for wildlife conservation, and enables the planning of hunts that further support conservation on every continent. It is one of the most anticipated gatherings of the year not only for the reasons above but also because it is the one week that our community can rely upon to renew friendships and reignite the fire that drives us all to carry on the traditions of hunting. We did not reach this decision lightly.

Throughout the turmoil of 2020 SCI has remained on watch. We have defended hunting in California and on Capitol Hill; we have supported wildlife conservation on the plains of Wyoming and plateaus of Africa; and we worked with legislators and the Trump Administration on the Great American Outdoor Act, history’s greatest outdoor legislative achievement.

Working hand in hand with the Safari Club International Foundation (SCIF), we were able to raise a record amount of money for hunter education and conservation. Our work will proceed apace despite this unfortunate cancellation.

Despite our disappointment with this development, SCI will be there for our members and exhibitors in 2022 to reflect on all these accomplishments and celebrate them together. The 2022 Convention will take place in Las Vegas and will be a celebration of our hunting heritage and the perseverance we all needed to get through this, together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing that we will see something similar from DSC. I am so ready to have this COVID crap behind us! Our friends in Africa are suffering far more than we are and my fear is that the media fueled hysteria will reduce safari travel, and thus their business, through 2021. We need to make every effort to get over there and keep the industry viable!

I'm guessing that we will see something similar from DSC. I am so ready to have this COVID crap behind us! Our friends in Africa are suffering far more than we are and my fear is that the media fueled hysteria will reduce safari travel, and thus their business, through 2021. We need to make every effort to get over there and keep the industry viable!
The trouble for SCI and Wild Sheep was Nevada. They would not budge on their Covid restrictions. We don’t have those problems in Texas. The only problem we have is the mask mandate which I predict will go away fairly soon.
Have none of you seen the latest DSC video? “We will see you in Dallas!”

So my understanding is that DSC is still on? Southwest as some awesome prices on airfare right now.... $335 round trip for two. Need to know 100% before we book.

The problem is Nevada?
3B80297B-DE26-42F5-BEF3-134615A98410.png
128C8043-F1B8-478F-84B8-5C14A0AA843C.png

So my understanding is that DSC is still on? Southwest as some awesome prices on airfare right now.... $335 round trip for two. Need to know 100% before we book.
Yes it is on!

The problem is the state of Nevada. They have regs that just won’t allow a convention, shooting themself in the foot. Regardless of the media hype we are just fine and life is normal here in the Lone Star State!
Y’all plan to come to DSC and let’s have our AH get together! If not at Gilleys then let’s all meet up somewhere.
Philip

And Texas leads the nation in RECOVERY rate from China Virus infection, too.
Thursday Nov. 5 2020 DSC hosted a DSC 100 meeting. This is the start of gathering the volunteers that are necessary to put on the show. You will see me and Princess Bride pushing a coffee cart before the opening of the show each morning and on Tuesday and Wednesday before the show opens I am going to be helping people move in.
Remember it’s prudent not to hunt dangerous game.

And Texas leads the nation in RECOVERY rate from China Virus infection, too.
Thursday Nov. 5 2020 DSC hosted a DSC 100 meeting. This is the start of gathering the volunteers that are necessary to put on the show. You will see me and Princess Bride pushing a coffee cart before the opening of the show each morning and on Tuesday and Wednesday before the show opens I am going to be helping people move in.
Remember it’s prudent not to hunt dangerous game.

Always appreciate the volunteers at DSC! Move-in and move-out is so smooth. The coffee and especially the BBQ out back when you need some lunch is so appreciated. The feeling of appreciation by DSC of outfitter's presence at the show is something SCI could learn from. Texas hospitality at it's finest!

Always appreciate the volunteers at DSC! Move-in and move-out is so smooth. The coffee and especially the BBQ out back when you need some lunch is so appreciated. The feeling of appreciation by DSC of outfitter's presence at the show is something SCI could learn from. Texas hospitality at it's finest!

I’ve volunteered with the move in - move out crew for the last 4 years... great way to get to know outfitters and vendors.. and honestly fun to do...

I’d like to hear from the outfitters. How many from Africa are planning to attend DSC?

I have some extremely fond memories of attending Dallas, the hospitality and the People.
Simply Fantastic.
Dinners at Pappasitos, drinks at bars, Texas and Texans are both first class.
Kinda like transplanted Australians, only better.

I'll be thinking of you guy's, have a great show.

I’d like to hear from the outfitters. How many from Africa are planning to attend DSC?

At this stage I am planning on being there. Hotel is booked , but holding on a bit with the flights until we have better clarity.

So whats it take to attend a DSC ? Have never been, but always go to SCI. Just received refund for air fare from delta. The DSC web site says nothing about price etc. Looks like we can fly from Idaho right now for 237.00 each. Might be a good change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg