AH Dinner at DSC 2018.....what night? Other feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outstanding - Taylor party will be at least four - perhaps six.

Philip - We met at the dinner in '16 but did not get a chance to visit at all - so looking forward to more than just a handshake this year!

Tim
Absolutely! Look forward to it.

We are looking forward to it. We plan to be there.

It's really great to see all the enthusiasm for the dinner. Our what was a fairly small gathering when we started is becoming quite the shindig!

Please remember that I started this thread to determine what night was preferred and for any other feedback to use in planning the 2018 party. I know Jerome is finalizing plans with the venue and we should hopefully have a new thread out early next week.

It will be in the NEW thread that you SIGNUP for the 2018 dinner. Please be aware of this in case you were thinking you were being counted in this one.

Again if you are planning to go to the 2018 DSC AH dinner, be on the lookout for the forthcoming thread which is where you'll sign up.

Thanks everyone, it wouldn't be a party if you all weren't there!

I just hope it is a BIG venue!

An update as of today, the venue is set to once again be at Gilley's. For those who have not been to Dallas or drove in the right direction from the convention center, Gilley's is just a few blocks from the convention center, to the southeast away from downtown on Lamar St. Lamar street run essentially through the middle but under the convention center. So it is very convenient if you leave directly from the show for Gilley's. Or if you're staying at any of the downtown hotels and you leave from there.

Enough room you ask? One of the biggest improvements over past year's dinners was the ample room we had to move around and socialize. Although it always seemed a bit crowded at the bar.........(n):rolleyes:o_O The other opportunity is for growth in attendance. Gilley's has other rooms that are even larger than last years. I keep thinking we are going to top out in attendance, but I'm surprised every year at the growth.

Again look for a seperate thread early next week with exact details and for signing up for the dinner.

An update as of today, the venue is set to once again be at Gilley's. For those who have not been to Dallas or drove in the right direction from the convention center, Gilley's is just a few blocks from the convention center, to the southeast away from downtown on Lamar St. Lamar street run essentially through the middle but under the convention center. So it is very convenient if you leave directly from the show for Gilley's. Or if you're staying at any of the downtown hotels and you leave from there.

Enough room you ask? One of the biggest improvements over past year's dinners was the ample room we had to move around and socialize. Although it always seemed a bit crowded at the bar.........(n):rolleyes:o_O The other opportunity is for growth in attendance. Gilley's has other rooms that are even larger than last years. I keep thinking we are going to top out in attendance, but I'm surprised every year at the growth.

Again look for a seperate thread early next week with exact details and for signing up for the dinner.

SWEET!!!!

I honestly believe Gilley's is the best possible venue we could have, and adds that Texas flavor for those not fortunate enough to live here!

As far as the space at the bar goes, it would have been fine if some people would have moved away for just a minute so others could grab a drink.... :rolleyes:
@KMG Hunting Safaris

I would like to make a suggested improvement for next year though. It should liven things up a bit. :cool:

SWEET!!!!

I honestly believe Gilley's is the best possible venue we could have, and adds that Texas flavor for those not fortunate enough to live here!

As far as the space at the bar goes, it would have been fine if some people would have moved away for just a minute so others could grab a drink.... :rolleyes:
@KMG Hunting Safaris

I would like to make a suggested improvement for next year though. It should liven things up a bit. :cool:

Hmmmm - even looks a bit like you - just saying.

Uber and Lift is a great way to get there from your hotel or convention center. And avoids the problem of a visit to the local jail after the function.

We took a cab from our hotel and that was relatively cheap and easy. Gilley's is a great venue for this get together. One thing that surprised me though was how dead Gilley's was. I don't know if it was the weather (below freezing and snowing sideways) or it was early in the evening and the joint doesn't get lively until later in the evening. Regardless, we got almost exclusive run of the place and very good service.

One thing that surprised me though was how dead Gilley's was. I don't know if it was the weather (below freezing and snowing sideways) or it was early in the evening and the joint doesn't get lively until later in the evening.

I was thinking the same thing last year, but as we were leaving, I asked one of the employees about the lack of customers(besides our AH group) and he said that they're only open for special/corporate events and concerts now....

Unfortunately, we have had a wedding crop up and will not be able to attend this year. I will miss seeing everyone, and especially miss regaling everyone with tales of my buff and leopard hunt in May. I love to tell those stories (just ask my wife:rolleyes:).

Unfortunately, we have had a wedding crop up and will not be able to attend this year. I will miss seeing everyone, and especially miss regaling everyone with tales of my buff and leopard hunt in May. I love to tell those stories (just ask my wife:rolleyes:).

There's always SCI that you could come unload your load of bu.....I mean tell your stories of glory! :D

You can count on Gizmo and probably two with me.

I take offense to this statement!!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.