AH Dinner at DSC 2018.....what night? Other feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean there won't be the great door prize either.:(

What did I miss out on last year?

Hope it wasn't a Rigby Big Game!

I donated a "Big 5" wood carving from Zambia. @Jfet better half was the winner

upload_2017-10-17_19-44-36.png

Wow, that's really cool Dave.

You set the bar mighty high!

Tim

The photo doesn't do it justice. The carving was very high quality.

The tarbe contingent just grew to 5.

tarbe
Mrs tarbe
John Sharp
Dave Langerman
Mrs Langerman

Dave will be one of the PHs manning the BVC booth this year.

@375 Ruger Fan take note, in case your buddy is planning to be in Dallas.

:A Gathering:

Can't speak for spike, but I believe the plan is to have the venue a bit longer than last year.

Agree with having longer for those who want to stay and party a bit after. And Gilleys is great place to both eat and have fun after. So definitely looking forward to going there again and it sure as heck is convenient to the show.

So come on @AfricaHunting.com , let's see those details, send on our money, and get this party started! :A Rock:

Just added another to the tarbe crew...now up to 6.

We better get this show on the road like Royal said, before I end up with half the available seats filled. May have to bring my own folding chairs!! :)

Tim, glad to see you got John Sharp to attend! I invited him last year to be my guest and attend the dinner, but the timing didn't work for him. My travel schedule is a bit up in the air for January 2018, but it's looking like I won't be able to attend.

Sorry to hear that as I enjoyed visiting with you last time.
Philip

I am planning to be there and look forward to meeting many of you for the first time!
Philip

Philip - We met at the dinner in '16 but did not get a chance to visit at all - so looking forward to more than just a handshake this year!

Tim

Is this a "done deal" for Friday night. I need to book a hotel and a flight.

Reactions: BWH
Thought we already were locked on Friday night?

I'm also assuming Gilley's again? Texas Land and Cattle was nice, but got too small and the commute over there was a real PIA....
That is my understanding also.

The AH Get Together will be on Friday. Still finalizing things with the venue.

The AH Get Together will be on Friday. Still finalizing things with the venue.

Great Jerome!

Hoping Gilley's again as so convenient and the laid back set up allows people to mingle more. A sit down dinner like land and cattle was is so much less conducive to this.

I'd also think it would be great for travelers to truly get this booked and officially announced right after DSC each year. If a max number needs to be set based on the venue, so be it, first come first served. Everyone would also know what the cost within a few bucks based on the year before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!