Zambia - Open for Hunting

Another update for anyone interested in travelling.
0E66C530-DE27-44B1-B6FB-30EFB659CCD9.jpeg
DFA24E39-7330-4EE2-A4AA-13363BC939CD.jpeg
1E8467EC-CCD7-4E96-A0BD-2C1D8DE45F39.jpeg
50BC3E45-0E12-49F7-B7A3-0FED4D4F8C67.jpeg

I was supposed to leave 06/28 for my hunt with Takeri and the infamous Spike. T. Obviously, that didn't happen. I talked with Travel Express today and I'm getting my tickets with Emirates provided that they still open the route 09/01. I'm going to look at Ethiopian as well.

Yes you will be screened. As with any country in the world allowing international transport. We can probably expect this to continue for many months or years even.
If you present with no symptoms you will continue on your way.
If you present with symptoms you will do a test and be sent on your way.
If your test is positive, you will be put into quarantine. Where that happens I do not know. Perhaps it will be a designated hospital or facility. Perhaps it will be safer to be kept at the hunting destination.

if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t plan the trip.
Others are comfortable with the options at hand and are booking their hunts And making arrangements at a rapid rate.

Let me ask this question.
At what point will you feel comfortable?
If the test becomes a standard for the next 3-5 years does that mean you will not travel internationally for that entire period? Or is it just while you are concerned about the high infection rates?

I would also recommend trip insurance if you are concerned about refunds etc.
Covid aside, there are many circumstances that could negatively influence your hunt that are out of your or the outfitters control. You cannot expect an outfitter who has paid the gov rates, trophy fees, purchased all camp goods, staff rations and wages to refund you in full should something impact your hunt. What if you fall down the disembarking steps on arrival? Would you expect the outfitter to refund you? How about not applying for the correct visa and being denied entry? Refund? Surely not.
Well said, nothing in life is risk free.

Spike.................when I can figure out how, gonna send PM...................any Pallah-Pallah that haven't been killed by the Covid (hoax)?.....:)......good hunting.....FWB

I thought Tanzania had opened, but i haven't heard much.
Perhaps one of the TZ operators on here can share some info?

Mike Fell posted on fbook about Some of his clients from the USA just finishing a successful safari in Maswa. I have been in comm’s with Jaco Oosthuizen of Game Trackers Africa (AH Member) and camps are opening up and clients being booked.

Mike Fell posted on fbook about Some of his clients from the USA just finishing a successful safari in Maswa. I have been in comm’s with Jaco Oosthuizen of Game Trackers Africa (AH Member) and camps are opening up and clients being booked.

Thats good news.
Thanks for the update.

Keep us up to date if you hear anything more on Tz.

All this conjecture! Save yourself some headaches and just call Lori @Travel Express. She and her partner will sort it all out for you.

Who fancies a sable ..defassa waterbuck...kafue lechwe...chobe bushbuck ...puku ...if any interest will put a package together....nice collection of zambian species
I’d love a sable chobe and puku please! Lol

I’d love a sable chobe and puku please! Lol

Puku are easy, but I promise you you'll work hard for the bushbuck and Sable, and you'll get good ones.

I'm going to share what I've learned so far. Somebody smarter than me probably would have learned this sooner.
Emirates requires a PCR (blood) test taken and negative results no more than 96 hours of departure. Proof has to be shown at the ticket counter before boarding an Emirates flight. My former doctor who is hunting with me next year in the Eastern Cape with Western Safaris has been trying to move Heaven and Earth to get a PCR test within the time frame. It is virtually impossible due to volume. He found that UMC (Las Vegas) will allow you to schedule an appointment for a test and give you the results in about five days. That will allow me to meet the 14 day window that Zambia requires.
I called Emirates this morning before I knew about the local testing limitations. Emirates told me that they will require another PCR test before getting on a plane to leave Lusaka. This is apparently also an impossibility. So, Emirates is not a flight option.
Qatar Airways is showing flights to Lusaka, but most show a connection through JNB. This is confusing because I have heard nothing about South Africa allowing in-transit travelers.
Now, I'm looking at Ethiopian Airways. I've found flights that look mostly good. LAS-IAD-ADD-LUN with adequate layovers. Returning is more difficult. I don't feel great about a 1:55 layover in Addis bound for IAD. I'm going to continue to research what I can do, but I told Spike. T that we're running out of options. Of course, things could change in the next couple months, but can any of us take that chance?
Good luck with your travel plans, AH Faithful. Fortune favors the bold, but this is a shitshow.

Just saw Namibia reopens on August 3. Great news

Oh great, so have to present a clear test on arrival, then get tested again in country on day 7. Think I read elsewhere that you would have to travel to wherever the test is given. Doubt they will come to you!
So one will lose at least a full day perhaps more to get another test. Right. That could make things a bit inconvenient.
Too much baloney for me. I will wait for things to get back to relative normal and if they don't, well I had the best of it.

Oh great, so have to present a clear test on arrival, then get tested again in country on day 7. Think I read elsewhere that you would have to travel to wherever the test is given. Doubt they will come to you!
So one will lose at least a full day perhaps more to get another test. Right. That could make things a bit inconvenient.
Too much baloney for me. I will wait for things to get back to relative normal and if they don't, well I had the best of it.
Agreed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois