AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
In Tanzania and Zambia, inbound tourists will be screened.
If you catch a cold in the airplane due to the air conditioning and your temperature is high, you are not allowed to enter the country,
Who takes you back as a Corona suspect and when???
Your payments are for nothing, who knows if the operator will be economically alive next year, so he should credit you for the trip you did not take.
The infection rates there are through the roof, daily new injunctions possible, which send you into quarantine.
Have fun in Arusha or Lusaka in government-mandated housing.

Guys,stay at home in these times.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
If you catch a cold in the airplane due to the air conditioning and your temperature is high, you are not allowed to enter the country,
Your payments are for nothing, who knows if the operator will be economically alive next year, so he should credit you for the trip you did not take.
The infection rates there are through the roof, daily new injunctions possible, which send you into quarantine.

There is a difference between a cold and the virus....the virus test will show that ....

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Great news on the opening!!!! It's a start....

Who fancies a sable ..defassa waterbuck...kafue lechwe...chobe bushbuck ...puku ...if any interest will put a package together....nice collection of zambian species

No blue duiker?

:A Outta:

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
Great news on the opening!!!! It's a start....

No blue duiker?

:A Outta:

Only if you book it...:ROFLMAO:....

But of course can be added if anyone was interested

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa

Yes you will be screened. As with any country in the world allowing international transport. We can probably expect this to continue for many months or years even.
If you present with no symptoms you will continue on your way.
If you present with symptoms you will do a test and be sent on your way.
If your test is positive, you will be put into quarantine. Where that happens I do not know. Perhaps it will be a designated hospital or facility. Perhaps it will be safer to be kept at the hunting destination.

if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t plan the trip.
Others are comfortable with the options at hand and are booking their hunts And making arrangements at a rapid rate.

Let me ask this question.
At what point will you feel comfortable?
If the test becomes a standard for the next 3-5 years does that mean you will not travel internationally for that entire period? Or is it just while you are concerned about the high infection rates?

I would also recommend trip insurance if you are concerned about refunds etc.
Covid aside, there are many circumstances that could negatively influence your hunt that are out of your or the outfitters control. You cannot expect an outfitter who has paid the gov rates, trophy fees, purchased all camp goods, staff rations and wages to refund you in full should something impact your hunt. What if you fall down the disembarking steps on arrival? Would you expect the outfitter to refund you? How about not applying for the correct visa and being denied entry? Refund? Surely not.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
Yes you will be screened. As with any country in the world allowing international transport. We can probably expect this to continue for many months or years even.
If you present with no symptoms you will continue on your way.
If you present with symptoms you will do a test and be sent on your way.
If your test is positive, you will be put into quarantine. Where that happens I do not know. Perhaps it will be a designated hospital or facility. Perhaps it will be safer to be kept at the hunting destination.

if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t plan the trip.
Others are comfortable with the options at hand and are booking their hunts And making arrangements at a rapid rate.

Let me ask this question.
At what point will you feel comfortable?
If the test becomes a standard for the next 3-5 years does that mean you will not travel internationally for that entire period? Or is it just while you are concerned about the high infection rates?

I would also recommend trip insurance if you are concerned about refunds etc.
Covid aside, there are many circumstances that could negatively influence your hunt that are out of your or the outfitters control. You cannot expect an outfitter who has paid the gov rates, trophy fees, purchased all camp goods, staff rations and wages to refund you in full should something impact your hunt. What if you fall down the disembarking steps on arrival? Would you expect the outfitter to refund you? How about not applying for the correct visa and being denied entry? Refund? Surely not.

(y) :D Beers:

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Zambia is an amazing country. The upper Luangwa is one of my favorite places in Africa. This is sorely tempting!

PeteG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Zambia is an amazing country. The upper Luangwa is one of my favorite places in Africa. This is sorely tempting!
Give in to the temptation ;)
Tell me what you need and book a ticket... :A Stirring:

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
LOL, I’m afraid that I’m pretty boring, it’s always the same thing, buffalo. The only time I’ve been and it wasn’t Buffalo was a tracking hunt for eland in the Kalahari. I must say, that was a challenging hunt!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia

Agreed, I would go back for sure. And certainly want to again, who knows if something pops up I may be game to travel!

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
LOL, I’m afraid that I’m pretty boring, it’s always the same thing, buffalo. The only time I’ve been and it wasn’t Buffalo was a tracking hunt for eland in the Kalahari. I must say, that was a challenging hunt!

Boring you are not!

You. @spike.t . and @PeteG would have a freaking blast together. I'd be jealous for sure!

PeteG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
i like that kind of boring! why not look at the deals available at the moment? i dont need much convincing to get back to the valley, but i do need a good reason :D

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
i like that kind of boring! why not look at the deals available at the moment? i dont need much convincing to get back to the valley, but i do need a good reason :D

What do ya think Royal, road trip?

Not sure I can pull it off right now but I’d like to know what deals are available in the valley.

CoElkHunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
:ROFLMAO:
zim is also on a 18:00 to 06:00 curfew!
so i guess that would make it daylight robbery...

There is no mandatory quarantine here.
You will only be asked to quarantine in a designated facility if you are positive for symptoms as well as a positive test once you arrive.
Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Today i received a notice stating that a couple of hunting clients have landed and come into the country without a hitch to conduct their hunts.

Where'd they drop in from?

Foxi

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
There is a difference between a cold and the virus....the virus test will show that ....

yes, I am aware of the difference.
In the mostly well organized Germany it takes 24-48 hours until the result is available
and if it jams in the lab sometimes a week
And in Africa ?
Who can make reliable statements about this, if you know the African administration............
I understand you provider customers to encourage to travel again, I wish that too.

"Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?"
Good question.
On the cruise ships nobody was allowed to leave the ship when an incident occurred

Last edited:

PeteG

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
yes, I am aware of the difference.
In the mostly well organized Germany it takes 24-48 hours until the result is available
and if it jams in the lab sometimes a week
And in Africa ?
Who can make reliable statements about this, if you know the African administration............
I understand you provider customers to encourage to travel again, I wish that too.

"Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?"
Good question.
On the cruise ships nobody was allowed to leave the ship when an incident occurred

Or your quarantined if someone else on your flight tests positive on arrival?

Not according to the info I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brucetef

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J