Well said, nothing in life is risk free.Yes you will be screened. As with any country in the world allowing international transport. We can probably expect this to continue for many months or years even.
If you present with no symptoms you will continue on your way.
If you present with symptoms you will do a test and be sent on your way.
If your test is positive, you will be put into quarantine. Where that happens I do not know. Perhaps it will be a designated hospital or facility. Perhaps it will be safer to be kept at the hunting destination.
if you don’t feel comfortable, don’t plan the trip.
Others are comfortable with the options at hand and are booking their hunts And making arrangements at a rapid rate.
Let me ask this question.
At what point will you feel comfortable?
If the test becomes a standard for the next 3-5 years does that mean you will not travel internationally for that entire period? Or is it just while you are concerned about the high infection rates?
I would also recommend trip insurance if you are concerned about refunds etc.
Covid aside, there are many circumstances that could negatively influence your hunt that are out of your or the outfitters control. You cannot expect an outfitter who has paid the gov rates, trophy fees, purchased all camp goods, staff rations and wages to refund you in full should something impact your hunt. What if you fall down the disembarking steps on arrival? Would you expect the outfitter to refund you? How about not applying for the correct visa and being denied entry? Refund? Surely not.
I thought Tanzania had opened, but i haven't heard much.
Perhaps one of the TZ operators on here can share some info?
Mike Fell posted on fbook about Some of his clients from the USA just finishing a successful safari in Maswa. I have been in comm’s with Jaco Oosthuizen of Game Trackers Africa (AH Member) and camps are opening up and clients being booked.
Care to share the info or a link?
Agreed.Oh great, so have to present a clear test on arrival, then get tested again in country on day 7. Think I read elsewhere that you would have to travel to wherever the test is given. Doubt they will come to you!
So one will lose at least a full day perhaps more to get another test. Right. That could make things a bit inconvenient.
Too much baloney for me. I will wait for things to get back to relative normal and if they don't, well I had the best of it.