Women as Professional Hunters; What's with that?

Royal27, why do you thing a recommended membership in IPHA should have anything with education to do ????

My question is that you've stated that education does not equate to real world ability, but then you seem to imply by your question that IPHA membership would help to validate ability. Is this not your point, that? And if not, then why even ask if they are members of IPHA?

I haven't stated my beliefs on this, just trying to understand what you are trying to get at with your question around IPHA membership.

Royal27, IPHA members are pledged to adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and have agreed to full accountability to the Association for their actions afield. IPHA offers a Full Professional Membership for active professional hunters, guides or outfitters. Applicants for Full Professional Membership must be proposed by an IPHA member in good standing, and must show proof of professionalism and experience by submitting letters of reference from at least six clients. Applicants for Full Membership are also required to provide copies of professional hunter/guide license.

Gordon

I will be hunting with a couple who are both PH's in Namibia. Gysbert as well as his lovely wife Danene own Aru Game Lodge. I only got to hunt with Gysbert in the past but Danene was right there with her clients knocking down some near record book trophies! It will be very cool to have a lady PH on my dangerous game hunt! Look them up at www.arugamelodges.com

Regards,
Philip

I will be hunting with a couple who are both PH's in Namibia. Gysbert as well as his lovely wife Danene own Aru Game Lodge. I only got to hunt with Gysbert in the past but Danene was right there with her clients knocking down some near record book trophies! It will be very cool to have a lady PH on my dangerous game hunt! Look them up at www.arugamelodges.com

Regards,
Philip

here you are gordon ...another one :eek::whistle:

Danene van der Westhuyzen
35 years old. One of only a few qualified female professional hunters in Namibia, and the first female dangerous game PH ever to qualify in Namibia. Loves the outdoors. Passionate about ethical hunting and bringing the big one home. Particularly good bow hunter. Bring your knee pads! She also has an enthusiasm for educating the hunter in all aspects.

Gordon...the bottom line seems to be you dont want women as PHs in this industry, your arguments are contradicting as others have commented.

Each to its own..

Sorry, never hear of her Spike... If she was registered for bring record book dangerous game to her clients then I should have heard of her, even if she obviously is located in Caprivi...

Tanya Blake passed her test and is now licensed in Zimbabwe, and you know the best PHs are from Zimbabwe.

And yes I smiled as I typed that, apologies to Jaco, Andrew, Leon, and others.

Royal27, IPHA members are pledged to adhere to the highest standards of professionalism and have agreed to full accountability to the Association for their actions afield. IPHA offers a Full Professional Membership for active professional hunters, guides or outfitters. Applicants for Full Professional Membership must be proposed by an IPHA member in good standing, and must show proof of professionalism and experience by submitting letters of reference from at least six clients. Applicants for Full Membership are also required to provide copies of professional hunter/guide license.

Gordon

If the portion I highlighted is true there are a couple of members the organization really needs to take a look at.
Not being a member has nothing to do with a hunter being a good PH or not. Many choose not to join these organizations.

The best PH are from Zimbabwe.... That was very interesting to know... Thank you I will remember that.

Gordon, one thing I'll give you is you will stand your ground. I disagree with you but at least your consistent. I had to laugh about your comment about canceling the days hunt for the bad luck voodoo for seeing a women. Hell if you were here in the states you'd never get to hunt. While in many ways I'm still a knuckle dragging caveman I can tell you women have changed my mind on this issue. Early in my carrier I was adamantly opposed to women in law enforcement for some of the same arguments you post here. It took working with them in this capacity for me to realized I was wrong. I'm not to proud to admit I was wrong because fact is I was. I doubt I will ever change your mind and that's fine but if you get the opportunity to hunt with a female ph try it she just may change your mind too! Best of luck to you, Erik

Erik, thanks for kind words, got malaria fever and not in mood for debating....

Back soon !

Gordon

from what ive read about the fever , I pity you gordo
hope your up and at em soon ,bud

Looks like I have joined in late, sorry gents and ladies I have been hunting:)

As far as the Extreme Huntress thing goes, I believe that hunting should never be a competition, it goes against what I believe and becomes a killing game. That goes for male and female alike. What I can say is that a if one of the judges has no ethic or morals then the rest of the show is just not credible in my eyes. I am referring to a certain lady ( I use the term loosely) that not to long ago was ignorant and stupid enough to not only disrespect the game, but also 200 years of hunting culture by mounting ( getting on its back) a dead Wild Boar.

As for the powder puff,lipstick and 2 inch nail gang, I don't care much for them either and they are about as usefull as a Ferrari in the Bush.

All that being said, I have come across woman that can more than hold their own when it comes to hunting.

Cheers ladies;)

As for the powder puff,lipstick and 2 inch nail gang, I don't care much for them either and they are about as usefull as a Ferrari in the Bush

:E Hmmm:PR has the nails, powder puff , lipstick, half a samurai sword and a G19 sometimes living in her hand bag, has been thrown into some pretty basic situations in the bush ,and can probably drink you under the table.......and drives a Ferrari when she remembers its in the garage........ok she aint a PH and doesnt hunt but fk dont piss her off......:E Big Grin::D Beers:

:E Hmmm:PR has the nails, powder puff , lipstick, half a samurai sword and a G19 sometimes living in her hand bag, has been thrown into some pretty basic situations in the bush ,and can probably drink you under the table.......and drives a Ferrari when she remembers its in the garage........ok she aint a PH and doesnt hunt but fk dont piss her off......:E Big Grin::D Beers:

That's good advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois