Why are you here?

I found this site in 2017 after searching for Africa Hunting. I lurked at first but soon joined after finding out Africa is really affordable if you plan. I have been thankful to converse with many on here and to attend one AH dinner at DSC and meet quite a few of you. I have gained so much from this site and everyone. It really helps pass the time. I have gained new friends and a lot from all here. Thanks to Jerome and everyone here for letting me be apart of this great forum. Merry Christmas and a better New Year to all.

Sorry for the double post, but my wife called me for supper. Like some of you have already stated, AH is a place where I can connect with folks from all over the world that have the same interests I do. It is like sitting around a campfire reliving the days hunt with other guys in camp. The cumulative knowledge of our members is absolutely staggering and so is their willingness to share it.

I found the site through the hunting reports and lurked for a long time. Since I started posting I’ve gained a lot of insight on new things from the cumulative knowledge of everyone. Everyone usually gives intelligent and professional answers and I like that about it.

I joined this forum because of my passion for hunting Africa. I then bumped into Royal at a guest house in Bulawayo after an insanely eventful safari. This led to the AH dinner and many new friends. I am blessed to be a part of this community and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May 2021 take us back to the game fields of our dreams!

I sold @CAustin a Merkel Double rifle, and we became friends. This led to my first safari with Charlie, @Shootist43, and @Art Lambart II. Once our safari was said and done, I corresponded with many others on the site. Through the sale of a few more guns, I met some other guys and also ended up doing my second safari with @Ridgewalker.
Then came DSC last year and many more friends were made. @Bullthrower338 picked me up at the airport and introduced me to many of the members.
So....as you can tell, we have a great community here. I look forward to meeting many others!
What an honor it would be to meet everyone. This site so soothes me given hunting is my one and only passion. I do not golf or play tennis...I hunt and Africa is the greatest challenge if you are a hunter with both Alaska and Canada being close seconds. I have so much respect for the wisdom I get on this forum. I am 61 and have hunted since I was 8. Life is so very rich and I think all of you for enriching my life!!!

I joined in May 09 as part of a many forum approach to be amongst like minded people who have a love not only of the practical hunt and all it contains but also for all the other associated conversations held arround every aspect of the subject. All the other hunting and firearms specific forums are no longer visited bar a 10 -15 minute check through of one other mainly for its knifemakers section.
I have always had a love for making stuff and felt able to post some modest efforts here on some of the rifles and knives I had made and with encouragement of the management and membership my hobby of making the odd knife or two has grown into a retirement addiction.
I have made friendships among the membership that would never have been possible without the forum so I am gratefull to Jerome and his team for facilitating such a warm and wind free campfire for us to pull up a chair by.

A few years back I decided I wanted to at least try to become an African Professional Hunter. Not so easy being from the USA.

This site helped me so much with learning and preparing. Did my first season apprenticeship in ‘19. Changed my life. I think everyone who doesn’t want to be a PH is nuts. ;)

Lost ‘20 b/c of Covid. Now the conventions are cancelled. I’m scrambling to find an apprentice spot for ‘21. But I’m sure things will work out, very possibly with the help of this awesome community.

I stumbled across AH at an SCI convention in 2015. After chatting with the guy I went on line and looked AH up. So much information for someone who had never dreamed of hunting Africa. The more I read here the brighter the flame grew. I researched everything I could find about safaris, guns, travel, outfitters.

I joined in 2016 and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute. I comunicated with several outfitters and on the recommendation of Safari Specialty Importers booked a hunt with Two Waters in SA for 2017. Great hunt, fantastic people. I was hooked and went back two more times.

This forum is an encyclopdia of information on any subject pertaining to hunting. The knowledge of the people posting is unrivaled and it is factual. I have learned so much and learn more every time I sign on. I didn't know how much I didn't know even though I have been around guns and hunting since I was old enough to hold a gun.

Thank you, Jerome, staff and all you guys out there. Merry Christmas to all. Maybe we will cross paths and bust a few caps someday.

I've always had a fascination with wildlife. Used to love going on game drives in the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park with my grandparents and take thousands of photographs. There's just something special about being in the bush that I can't really describe, I'm sure even non-hunters have the same feeling. Just being there, hundreds of miles away from civilization, and experiencing all that Africa's landscapes have to offer just can't be beaten, for me at least. I got introduced to hunting in my early teen years. Before that, I had no interest in it whatsoever and found it to be quite bizarre. Reading about all the old stories from the likes of Teddy Roosevelt, Robert Ruark, and Ernest Hemingway really captured my imagination. When I found out about this site's existence I thought it wouldn't make sense not to give it a shot.

I found AH when I was doing online research for my hunt in Limpopo, SA in 2019. Got hooked and joined and have really benefitted from the information that is posted here.

I've done four hunting trips to Africa before I found AH. I find that this forum and its great members help keep those fond memories of those hunts alive. And its great to read about others experiences and impressions.

regards
Pat

,I am 82 years old and lonely for my annual trip somewhere in Africa. This has been the first time in fifty odd years I have missed a trip for a couple months into the bush. This COVID virus has kept me in isolation.

I had hunted in Namibia before I knew about AH. I’d always been fascinated with the bushbuck which were not available where I hunted, so one day was googling images of them. One photo that really grabbed my attention was of a Jack Russell terrier with the horn of a bushbuck ram right through his haunch. I went to the website to check out the story and found AH. Spent the next few months reading hunt reports, but as a nonmember I couldn’t view any photos. That was what convinced me to finally join. I’m a pretty simple guy, so was a bit shy to post at first, but finally did and was warmly welcomed! Since then I’ve hunted with two sponsors who are great guys. Shout out to @gizmo and @KMG Hunting Safaris. You guys are awesome. Would never have known about you without AH. Now I just have to meet a few more of you!

I came to learn. I have an earned doctorate but I consider myself a lifelong learner.

At first I only read as a guest, then joined before my first safari. I needed information about importing rifles for safari, dangers of Africa, questions about calibers, trophy taxidermy, etc. Now with several trips to various countries, I am still here to learn and that will never change.

Even with my doctorate in my field, I am still a learner in my field even though some consider me an expert If I add up all my hours on guided hunts with great Professional Hunters it does not qualify for any status. I am here to learn.

@Ray B
My reasons for visiting this sight are almost identical as yours.
This web site has opened the oyster of Africa for me, like no other source.
Here, I realised that Africa can be affordable for middle class, with a bit of planning.
Level of knowledge of some members is fantastic, and I tend to beleive, general level of knowledge is above average.
Ettiquette of this forum is excellent, and moderators keep it that way, doing good job. Trolls dont have long life expectancy.
Finally I learn something here all the time.
Also, there is something unique here, and this is great interaction between outfitters, professionals and clients, which I have never seen on any other internet platform.
Trully unique place. Greatest forum on earht, as Velo dog, frequently says.

,I am 82 years old and lonely for my annual trip somewhere in Africa. This has been the first time in fifty odd years I have missed a trip for a couple months into the bush. This COVID virus has kept me in isolation.
Not sure if you’re much for writing articles, but if you’ve been making trips to Africa every year for 50 years would be really interesting to read about your hunts and the good and bad changes you’ve seen over that time. I’m sure many others would be interested to read as well.

I discovered AH after having been to Africa once already. I really wish I would have found the forum before that. I didn’t know what I didn’t know. What I’ve learned so far and continue to learn from the extensive experience of the absolutely class acts here on this forum in simply invaluable. Thanks to you all!!

I’m not a social media guy, this is the only forum I’ve even been on.
But for me, the only thing more addicting than Africahunting.com is hunting in Africa.

My dad invited me along as an observer on a safari to celebrate his retirement. I got to thinking that I didn't want to travel all the way to Africa without participating in the fun, so I booked a plains game package and we invited my dad's uncle as an observer (he got to shoot some animals from my dad's list). None of us really knew what to expect, so I joined this forum to gather as much information as I could while we prepared.

I found this site researching info on a potential outfitter I was considering hunting with years ago. I am an African Safari fanatic and I’ve been there 15 times. Safari is in my blood and what I think about when ever I have a quiet moment. I know Jerome well and yes he has done an outstanding job putting this together. It is a community and is quite diverse. Not sure I’d have maintained my sanity through 2020 without AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross