Why are you here?

McKim226

Reaction score
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, NFA Canada, CCFR
Hunted
Canada
Well I'm here not because I've hunted Africa(would love to). Im here to see how others in different areas of the world approach shooting, reloading, and hunting. I belong to forums all over the globe. I find much value learner how, what, and why others do what they do. I must sheepishly admit I'm fairly young(early 30's) I've only hunted my home province(fished all over the world) and live vicariously through others, for the time being. I'm able to visit places and hunts people have been on past and present. Great for.learning the rich history of hunting.

On a different note some of why I am here is I've found this to be a very mature, intelligent and thought provoking forum. Much different than many others. True pleasure.

Last edited:

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I originally came here to learn, and I have not been disappointed! I came here to meet like minded people, and that too has turned out better than I expected. I would go to Africa every year if I could, but instead I stay immersed in it here. I also consider many of you friends and I have not met you yet! To dialogue with so many people who's life experience blows me away is really special. I really have to get to the DSC gathering soon!

RS71

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
RMEF, NRA
Hunted
USA, Russia
I was originally researching reviews and opinions regarding a certain .375 H&H rifle and google sent me here, among other places. Some of you should be writing professionally because those small insights and observations found here can make a trip successful for someone else. Where else will you find such a volume first hand experience in firearms, hunting, international travel, imports, exports, permits, etc.? I largely don’t comment often because I‘m too busy sponging off of the knowledge of others. This forum opened my eyes to a larger world of hunting that I thought out of my reach a few years ago.

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
We are all learners or we wouldn't be here. Every post has some tidbit of invaluable information for some one of us. Everyone has knowledge, experience and information to pass along and we are all willing and able to do so. Ask and you shall receive.

Happy Myles

Gold supporter
AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Chad, Benin, Ethiopia, Ruwanda, Burugi, Mo, Cameroon, C.A.R.mozambique, Namibia\, So Africa, Congo, , Botswana,, All No America, All Central ASia, Mongolia
I joined last Fall after missing my annual African trip due to the Covid Virus which I still caught despite abiding all recommended precautions. I will be 83 my y next birthday so am running out of time for strenuous adventures I enjoy. have been a very lucky man so am not whining and enjoy reading and participating on this forum. Have made my share of mistakes and done some things right. Have been mauled, knocked down, and shot at. Would not trade a moment of it!

Randy F

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
I joined last Fall after missing my annual African trip due to the Covid Virus which I still caught despite abiding all recommended precautions. I will be 83 my y next birthday so am running out of time for strenuous adventures I enjoy. have been a very lucky man so am not whining and enjoy reading and participating on this forum. Have made my share of mistakes and done some things right. Have been mauled, knocked down, and shot at. Would not trade a moment of it!
I for one would love to hear those stories of yours.

Muskox

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States
I am not sure what year I joined, but I have been a curious looker but not really posted that much.

I hunted Namibia in 2005, and lived in Djibouti from 2008-2010.

Hunted Germany, Australia, Spain, and throughout the USA.

wlambert

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky, Utah, Maine (USA); Limpopo, Eastern Cape (RSA)
I had booked my first hunt in Africa and was looking for information to help me prepare. I also used the Taxidermy forum extensively in trying to decide how I might want my African animals done. I've been a regular observer of the site since. I enjoy the hunting reports and conversations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaHolub3

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh