Why are you here?

This... AH allows me to escape an dream :) could come the new AH slogan :D

My reason to join: between the ages 7 till 14 I used to read monstrous amounts of books, something around 4-6 books a week, every week, the whole year (I did not have many friends ;) )Getting into contact with old hunting tales started the dream of one day hunting in Africa. But although I’m from a non-hunting family, over the last 8 years my father and brother followed me in taking the exams, going on our first hunts and looking for more adventures. As we booked a first African safari for NOV20 (which got cancelled) I decided I needed to study more on all aspects of hunting in Africa, so one google search later, here I was.

I must admit that the friendliness of the people here, their willingness to help, advise and share knowledge, is heartwarming!

I’m very thankful to the owner, moderators, and all members here!

V.
Hey VBE, when is your hunt going to happen and where?

Hey VBE, when is your hunt going to happen and where?

We rescheduled a third time, for JUN21 now. But for the moment Belgian government prohibits any travel outside of Belgium for non-professional reasons. The hope is that they will relax the rules a bit after the Easter holiday mid April. So fingers crossed, because this trip I've been dreaming of for the past 20 years, cannot be delayed again. Due to agenda's and work the first date after June would be NOV21, but as we are currently actively trying for children... happy news in this area might make a cross over the African hunting trip for the foreseeable future...

We'll see :)

I am new here. But I joined becouse I miss the hunt and so am looking for all other aspects.
With the virus, everything is screwed up everywhere.
I found myself rewatching all the old africa movies, all the hunt dvds and just staring at my equipment.
None of the friends I have that live close are hunters.
I miss the hunt and definitely the drinks and food around the fire afterwards.
So I joined the forum to read peoples hunts and interact with hunters.
My last ditch effort to scratch the itch that will never go away !

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my friend told me about africa hunting and I had been on hunting forums for 20 years prior. This is one of the best forums there is in my opinion. Booked for first safaris in July 2022. Can’t wait. Lifetime dream for me.

I have always dreamed of Africa and am a student of exploration history. Imagine hunting the wild places of the world around the turn of the century! What an adventure (minus the malaria)! And the guns! Wow, who doesn't dream of a Holland and Holland double and the thrill of the chase!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!