South African Farm Murders

Marius, bottom line, the whole world has changed and become a dangerous place.

I will always try to defend my country.

Since you are "not bashing" South Africa Simon, maybe give us numbers on farm attacks per province alone. The numbers you have posted are really a mere indication of attacks per capita and include attacks from black on black. The Eastern Cape, Gauteng and Natal have a large population of Africans, which will inherently skew the results. Things get dealt with the African way. Period. If a city has 10 Million inhabitants and the murder rate was 1000 per year, comparing to a city with 10,000 people with a murder rate of 900 per year, which city is worse off?
This is not a racial statement by any means, but lets call it what it is. Are all the areas in the US dangerous, or do certain ethnic areas pose a greater risk?
Marius I feel perfectly fine in Downtown Seattle during the day but concerned for sure at night. I watched a man stabbed during broad daylight 4 years ago on a city street and everybody thought that could never happen in Seattle?? Fact check crime can happen at anytime anywhere. I never felt uneasy in EC but man that airport is a little might we say...aggressive!!!! Hope you are well my friend. Preparedness and being aware are key.

....... If a city has 10 Million inhabitants and the murder rate was 1000 per year, comparing to a city with 10,000 people with a murder rate of 900 per year, which city is worse off?

I'll go with the place with the lower "rate" any day of the week. :p

I agree with Brickburn...lower rate means lower rate!

South Africa is in our thoughts and prayers...
Yesterday was black Monday...marching against Farm murders... Statistics is shocking... Not a good situation.
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/so...es-more-at-risk-of-being-murdered--afriforum/
'52 murders a day'
AgriSA president Dan Kriek said farm attacks and their brutality must be strongly condemned by all South Africans.
"We think of the thousands of fellow South Africans who have lost their lives during the past year as a result of violent crime, 52 murders a day. Many farmers and farmworkers count among those who have paid the highest price," Kriek said.
He said 34 000 farmers were suffering the effects of drought, natural disasters and policy uncertainty, while also trying to protect their lives and produce food for 55 million South Africans.
He said farmers were vulnerable.
"It has long been time for the public and the government to take note of the brutality of farm attacks, as well as the onslaught aimed at members of the farming community."

I feel so lucky to have grown up when I did! It was a much more respectful world. We were taught to respect life.

We just missed a road block and blacks burning up things in Brits by one day. We came through Brits on Sept 10, going from a safari in the bushveldt to another safari in the highveldt. The following day the roads were blocked by the blacks and they were setting fires all over the place.
Our PH said that the blacks were attacking older defenseless farmers (Or families with little kids torchering them )that are secluded.
One thing that we noticed on this trip is that all of the PHs are packing a 40 or 9mm.

We just missed a road block and blacks burning up things in Brits by one day. We came through Brits on Sept 10, going from a safari in the bushveldt to another safari in the highveldt. The following day the roads were blocked by the blacks and they were setting fires all over the place.
Our PH said that the blacks were attacking older defenseless farmers (Or families with little kids torchering them )that are secluded.
One thing that we noticed on this trip is that all of the PHs are packing a 40 or 9mm.

The fires are because of poor service delivery. That is nothing new in our country.

I live ten miles from Murdertown, USA (Wilminton, DE). ABC had planned on using it as the background city for the series until the Whiner Nation (aka liberals) raised a stink.

Even in our small towns in rural Missouri, we have been having some evil conflicts. Mostly family and friendly squabbles resulting in murder. Usually drug related. Maybe that is why we don't have any problems. But-- I and my husband still have our protection close at hand when we travel. Something that you want to have, know how to use, but never want to have to use it.

If a person tells the truth in the world today they are accused or being a racist.

Sure! There is violence everywhere, but the vast majority is perpatrated by the scum that we all know needs their assed kicked off the planet.

As a tourist hunter you have zero to worry about. A farmer at an isolated farm is another matter
unless your hunting that farm.

That's one of the fortunate things about being here, we have a very low murder rate in Aus

Now JP,

If memory serves correctly you do have a high rate of black eyes and busted lips at rugby games though!

Now JP,

If memory serves correctly you do have a high rate of black eyes and busted lips at rugby games though!
Yeah nothing surprises me with the banana benders up north, we're AFL down here, very civilised!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg