South Africa is open!

We can only hope SAA is monitoring this,Artschool.. Alaska is starting to look better everyday!

...BTW Peacook, ... if you dont complain and stick up for yourself then you deserve what you get ... maybe you are accustomed to that but I am surely not that kind of guy...

Charles
Member SCI, NRA, RMEF, etc.

Bit of bad news for Emirates passengers.....hope it doesn't last long

And BA......and KLM has cancelled all long haul flights anywhere ...going from bad to worse...

And BA......and KLM has cancelled all long haul flights anywhere ...going from bad to worse...

Probably don't want BA's flights coming here in anyways. The virus is rampant in the UK.

Unless you are flying Emirates in the next month, I don't think this will be a problem.

Same here. My credit card company deleted the charges for SAA Express tickets, May 2020. Did you pay cash? If so, you're probably SOL.
I’m guessing you contacted your credit card company in 60 days from purchase? I didn’t was pretty much told I was SOL. Trouble is SAA was still flying 60 days after my fare purchase

Spike ....

I ask because this possibly may be one of only two " primary" options to get to Joburg from the US that makes sense. Think "basic economics" ... if Delta is the only efficient option of getting to Johannesburg from the US ... what do you really think will happen to the already high plane fairs. ... can you say "the sky is the limit".

This will surely cut into South Africa's revenue ... and hunters will start looking elsewhere for hunts before being raked over the coals for transportation fees.

I am planning a Big 5 hunt ... do I really want to pay an additional set of plane tickets because I was ripped off from the first set ...." No". I am already looking at alternative hunts if THEIR airline does not offer a refund or voucher for my first pair of tickets.... Note, there are others thinking likewise.

I really do hope it works out for both the country and their airline ... there is MUCH at stake.

And "No" ... I purchased my tickets through my "former" bank, thinking this was more secure than a CC....you live and learn.

Thanks,
Charles
Member NRA, SCI, RMEF, etc.
I hear ya Chondro, like I said in another post I did use my credit card to buy my SAA fare. But since I didn’t contact them to dispute the charge within 60 days I was told I was SOL. How could I dispute it if they were still flying 60 days after I bought it. But not flying when I was scheduled to depart. Maybe I need a new cc company?

South African Airways internatioñal flight status (their website 20210223) ...

"Trans-national commercial air travel is however conditional as many countries battle with fluctuating rates of infection and/or new waves of infection. For now this has necessitated that all SAA operated flights (domestic and regional) are suspended until 30 April 2021 and all SAA operated international flights are suspended until 30 October 2021."

It looks like we all are in for a rough ride. Hang in there ... hopefully it won't get worse.... if that's possible.

Charles
Member NRA, SCI, RMEF, etc.

Really a bad deal to lose your money for those SAA flights. Hopefully if they reorganize and get going again, they will at least give you credit or something back.

Kevin and @375Fox are good regular contributors here so I think Charles and everyone involved should understand that we are all on the same side here and hope something works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross