South Africa is open!

I won't be dancing in the streets over any of this until I have my covid vaccine card in my wallet. Why would RSA open now when Europe and the US have rising cases? Looks like they my screw up 2021 also. They my go back into lock down by May. Looks like their opening up in the off season to screw up the peak season. Stupid politicians.
Peak season for tourism is now. It's summertime.

I won't be dancing in the streets over any of this until I have my covid vaccine card in my wallet. Why would RSA open now when Europe and the US have rising cases? Looks like they my screw up 2021 also. They my go back into lock down by May. Looks like their opening up in the off season to screw up the peak season. Stupid politicians.

Keep in mind that you still need to produce a negative Covid test. The argument that our Tourism board put forward was that a negative Covid test from a "high risk" country is no different to a negative covid test from a "Low Risk" Country. I think common sense has prevailed here, if I do have to say so myself.

Let me fill you in on a little secret, me and others who have not received services from SAA are called customers. Regardless of your idea of "many options" to come, when you start ripping off your customers things just dont return to normal because of the bleeding hearts who say "move on and get over it". Unless you have the compensation to pay these CUSTOMERS then your opinion doesnt mean squat.

The outfitters, like EVERYONE else, has taken a hit. They are no different than evetyone else in this pandemic. SAA is not one of my charities that I endorse... I am their CUSTOMER.

Understand now?

It appears that you may be connected to SAA. If so, let someone answer who can help the SAA CUSTOMERS who have not received services.

If you are SAA then get in line, hopefully litigation will find you too. WE are looking for a solution for our loss.

Thank you!
Charles
Member NRA, SCI, RMEF, etc.
Bad attitude towards fellow posters, take your wrath elsewhere, it is unpleasant.

That may be a problem getting a test within a certain time frame. Some places here in the states won't give you a test unless you have symptoms.
Keep in mind that you still need to produce a negative Covid test. The argument that our Tourism board put forward was that a negative Covid test from a "high risk" country is no different to a negative covid test from a "Low Risk" Country. I think common sense has prevailed here, if I do have to say so myself.

That may be a problem getting a test within a certain time frame. Some places here in the states won't give you a test unless you have symptoms.
This was covered some in another thread. Don't remember the thread but I saved the website.
Covidconsultants.com
They can get it done using FedEx

I believe rapid testing will become a strategy by all airlines. Airlines are trying to kickstart their business. Majority of countries currently requires a negative test. The airlines will try to make it as smooth of a process as possible in order to regain traveller confidence.

Book your hunts folks, this window may shut again!

Book your hunts folks, this window may shut again!
Time open will bring confidence, which is why it was important to open now and not next year.

I have just flown into and out of Johannesburg , it was really simple and the empty airport is a pleasure, one simple form to fill in. Getting the covid test there is easy, but a long form to fill in, put aside 15 minutes. Then I flew into Harare. Two long forms to fill in, put aside 15 minutes again. No problem really.

I have just flown into and out of Johannesburg , it was really simple and the empty airport is a pleasure, one simple form to fill in. Getting the covid test there is easy, but a long form to fill in, put aside 15 minutes. Then I flew into Harare. Two long forms to fill in, put aside 15 minutes again. No problem really.

Thank you for the feedback Kevin! Much appreciated. Could you possibly elaborate where you flew from? Did you need the negative Covid test at departure from your origin, and then another test in Johannesburg upon arrival?

great news!!! thanks for the info !

This won't help if they shut the country down again.

South Africa wont shut down again. I will be willing to bet that any outfitter will work with any hunter to reschedule or else, should it come to the worst.

Thank you for the feedback Kevin! Much appreciated. Could you possibly elaborate where you flew from? Did you need the negative Covid test at departure from your origin, and then another test in Johannesburg upon arrival?
I flew from Harare, i had to get a negative test and then land in Jhb within 48hrs. I did not need a second test upon landing in Jhb.

South Africa wont shut down again. I will be willing to bet that any outfitter will work with any hunter to reschedule or else, should it come to the worst.
Agreed . It’s best to book now before everyone realizes that it is no big deal to travel and there is a “bottleneck in the Bushveld” ! Plus there may still be some good deals being offered such as those by SpikeT...

Charles, I totally agree with you on the route issue. Although I dont agree with the bailout of SAA for the umpteenth time with tax payers money, they actually hold a very important part in the route over to Africa.
Should they not survive, I am sure that someone will pick up the JFK to JHB route.
Their prices for that flight is actually very reasonable. Personally, that is the service that I take when coming over to the USA annually.
United now has Newark to JNB and Cape Town. They now have 4 Africa nonstops from Newark NJ. Many of us won’t fly that way but it will put some competition out there and hopefully reduce prices a bit.
If SAA comes back that will provide even more competition. With Ethiopian becoming more popular and winning awards in addition to the Arab carriers Delta is just not the only game in town!
Philip

I figured that a bank I've been doing business with for more than 20 yesrs would be more secure than a CC. ... little did I know. ... I assumed that after shelling out Big 5 money and Global Rescue money, I was prepared for snything. I guess I wasnt prepared for a world pandemic! To make matters worse Global Rescue's travel insurance stated to me thst the ENTIRE trip would need to be cancelled to get a refund ... Im still looking through my spotting scope to find that fine print! THAT came as a huge and unpleasant surprise.
Good to know. If GR won’t provide “insurance” for your travel expenses what good is it? I need to read my latest Ripcord policy. It’s always the fine print!
Hopefully this info will help the next hunter looking for travel insurance through Global Rescue.

Thanks,
Charles
Member NRA, SCI, RMEF, etc.

United now has Newark to JNB and Cape Town. They now have 4 Africa nonstops from Newark NJ. Many of us won’t fly that way but it will put some competition out there and hopefully reduce prices a bit.
If SAA comes back that will provide even more competition. With Ethiopian becoming more popular and winning awards in addition to the Arab carriers Delta is just not the only game in town!
Philip

Just had a look, and found some quite reasonable flights out of Cape Town for the trip to Dallas. Appreciate it Phillip. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg