R8 Custom Barrels-Dream Come True!

Also struggling to get hold of them via phone. Watching this threat and hoping they are still going to make Blaser barrels!
Stay with it. He can be hard to reach, but he’s always been great to me and have no complaints.
I was giving my son a barrel Justin was making, and told him it needed to get here by Christmas. He assured me he would get it to me. I was getting worried but sure enough on Christmas Eve, I get the barrel. Didn’t even charge me for it at that time since I have some other work he’s doing for me.

Per my last contact with Justin in September, I was supposed to follow up in December on the load work up on a barrelI (in stock, fluted 30-06, NECG sights, 1 in 10 twist) that I put a 1k down payment on. Well I have also been staying with it, and have tried to reach him by telephone, email, and regular mail. In September he told me the load work up was done. The problem was that it was for the wrong bullet. I specified using the 30 cal. 200gr Federal Terminal Ascent, the gentleman who does his load work up used the 190gr Long Range Accubond. I told him I would have no problem waiting a little longer to see if he could find the correct bullet for testing, and that I would contact him in December. According to Justin that was OK. I am thinking maybe it was not OK with him because I have no heard from him since. I can not leave a message on his phone so I have emailed and regular mailed every option that I can think of: give me an update; I will pay the balance and he can send the barrel; if there is a problem with the barrel I could maybe take another barrel in its place; or return my 1k. I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau and they have reached out to him, and he will not respond to them either. I do not know what else to do, any ideas?

Per my last contact with Justin in September, I was supposed to follow up in December on the load work up on a barrelI (in stock, fluted 30-06, NECG sights, 1 in 10 twist) that I put a 1k down payment on. Well I have also been staying with it, and have tried to reach him by telephone, email, and regular mail. In September he told me the load work up was done. The problem was that it was for the wrong bullet. I specified using the 30 cal. 200gr Federal Terminal Ascent, the gentleman who does his load work up used the 190gr Long Range Accubond. I told him I would have no problem waiting a little longer to see if he could find the correct bullet for testing, and that I would contact him in December. According to Justin that was OK. I am thinking maybe it was not OK with him because I have no heard from him since. I can not leave a message on his phone so I have emailed and regular mailed every option that I can think of: give me an update; I will pay the balance and he can send the barrel; if there is a problem with the barrel I could maybe take another barrel in its place; or return my 1k. I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau and they have reached out to him, and he will not respond to them either. I do not know what else to do, any ideas?
Next time I talk to him I’ll see what I can find out. I don’t want to get all up in his business, but I can always mention it and let him know there is a customer becoming dissatisfied.

I would greatly appreciate that, Thank You! A FYI, My wife rented a cabin this week so the family can get away during spring break, so I might have no internet service Tuesday thru Sunday.

I recently enquired about an R8 semiweight 416 RM barrel and we emailed back and forth several times. He was very responsive to my questions and even took the time to figure up what the weight of the barrel would be. This was in mid January, so not sure why he is so hard to reach on the other issues mentioned here. Maybe it's a case of, once the money is in hand, the service goes out the window. But I have had a positive experience with communicating with him so far.

I thought he/Justin went out of business and was just going to keep my money. Then I see recent posts here at AH where he has conversed with future and past potential customers, and I am like "WOW" what is going on! I tried to reach him in December, January, and up to the middle of February before I contacted the BBB. I believe I have been very patient, understanding, and reasonable. I have given him every option I can think of. Now we are in March and it is very disconcerting to get no response/contact, nothing, nada, zilch. My last email to Justin prior to contacting the BBB was "I have tried to be understanding! I have not got any response from you on the 30-06 barrel. I trusted you, are you really going to cheat/con me out of the $1000.00 I sent you. Please contact me to make this right." I am hoping this post gets Justin's attention and he will make this right. I will let everyone know how he handles this; Good, Bad, or otherwise.

Last edited:
I thought he/Justin went out of business and was just going to keep my money. Then I see recent posts here at AH where he has conversed with future and past potential customers, and I am like "WOW" what is going on! I tried to reach him in December, January, and up to the middle of February before I contacted the BBB. I believe I have been very patient, understanding, and reasonable. I have given him every option I can think of. Now we are in March and it is very disconcerting to get no response/contact, nothing, nada, zilch. My last email to Justin prior to contacting the BBB was "I have tried to be understanding! I have not got any response from you on the 30-06 barrel. I trusted you, are you really going to cheat/con me out of the $1000.00 I sent you. Please contact me to make this right." I am hoping this post gets Justin's attention and he will make this right. I will let everyone know how he handles this; Good, Bad, or otherwise.
Ive now been waiting 13 months on a .300 PRC barrel. He makes promises but does not deliver. Ive written to him and asked for my money back.
I like the two barrels I received from J Sip but I am done doing business with them.
Philip

Ive now been waiting 13 months on a .300 PRC barrel. He makes promises but does not deliver. Ive written to him and asked for my money back.
I like the two barrels I received from J Sip but I am done doing business with them.
Philip
That’s a shame too. I like the work he does, but he is for sure too hard to actually contact. It’s spotty for me to get with him. Like you said, it’s good stuff but his comms suck.

In my case, Justin had the barrel in stock, even sent me pictures, said he had it ready to ship (granted it was with the wrong load work up), so it is not like he has to make the darn thing. I don’t know what the problem is? My guess is that he sold the barrel to some one else. I just hope Justin is honest enough to make this right.

Following a similar story on Blaserbuds.

That is too bad.

Personally, I would be disputing the credit card charges before it's too late. This is why I have an American Express Platinum, their service is 2nd to none well worth $250/year vs free cards (not to mention the perks also included)

. . . This is why I have an American Express Platinum, their service is 2nd to none well worth $250/year vs free cards (not to mention the perks also included)

$250 a year, where and how? I am paying $550 a year plus another $175 for additional cards.

Sadly another nightmare! Reminds me of a SA taxidermist several of us AHers used.

I am giving the latest update for any one interested and following my problem with Justin Sip. On March 22 I sent the following email to Justin.

Justin,
I have been trying to reach you since December. I am trying to find out what is going on with the barrel I put a $1000.00 down payment on (the 30-06, fluted, with NECG sights you had in stock). If there is a problem with the barrel, or if you sold the barrel to someone else, I have plenty of options for you. I could maybe take another barrel in its place if you have something else I can use, or have you build another barrel, or just replace my money. If you are having health or personal issues, I am very understanding and can work with you. But, you have to talk to me. If I do not here from you, I will assume you have no intentions of making this right. My next step will be to file with the Small Claims Court if I do not here from you. Please contact me.

Well I just submitted my paperwork for a small claims civil suit, not sure what will happen next. I have given Justin every opportunity to show he is an honest person and businessman.

Just giving the latest update to all who are interested in my Small Claims Suit with Justin. I still have not heard from him. I filed a Civil Summons with my local magistrate court. I had to pay a process server in Utah to deliver the "Summons & Complaint" last friday. The paperwork was served at his place of business to his son. He has 21 days to respond. Let's see what happens next. I had to pay the court $77.00 to file the complaint, and $100.00 to the Process Server. I seriously doubt that Justin will reimburse these costs.

Last edited:
As of this week, he is still promising barrels on a 3 week lead time, with sight installation included. I've spoken with him numerous times over the last couple of months, and he told me this week he has in the 416 barrel blanks to build my semiweight 416 RM barrel. He has answered every email, and has been very forthcoming with info as to how much the barrel would weigh, ect. Of course, I haven't sent a down-payment, which seems to be the beginning of everyone's troubles....

I’m not understanding the idea that the shorter 375 Ruger is a better fit for the R8 than is the 375 HH: the action is long enough for the 375HH and it is going to be that length no matter what cartridge you put in it.

I just went to J Sip & Sons website and saw this-

Temporarily Closed​

Due to a lapse in ATF licensing, we are currently closed. At this time we are unable to respond to any e-mails or phone calls. We hope to be back up and running by the end of August. We thank you for your patience.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.50.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.50.39 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.50.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.50.41 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.50.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 8.50.43 AM.png
    480 KB · Views: 63

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg