R8 Custom Barrels-Dream Come True!

I just went to J Sip & Sons website and saw this-

Temporarily Closed​

Due to a lapse in ATF licensing, we are currently closed. At this time we are unable to respond to any e-mails or phone calls. We hope to be back up and running by the end of August. We thank you for your patience.
From what I understand he hasn't responded to phone calls or emails in quite a while...or at least very rarely. So what he's really saying is that now it's official and has a REASON not to respond.

Point #2, it's September and (shocker) no update to the website.

Yes, I’m disappointed. He and I were off to a great start. Now I can’t get calls and email to shop returned and texts and calls to personal cell go unanswered. He doesn’t need an FFL to make barrels either, btw. If my FFL lapsed, I would still be selling what I could until the new one came in.

Yes, I’m disappointed. He and I were off to a great start. Now I can’t get calls and email to shop returned and texts and calls to personal cell go unanswered. He doesn’t need an FFL to make barrels either, btw. If my FFL lapsed, I would still be selling what I could until the new one came in.
And to think I almost sent him some money on a 416 Barrel. He promised a 2 week lead time. He must be an all out lier.

I was getting ready to pop for a barrel he had in his inventory but hadn’t yet and because I could never get anyone to answer the phone. Glad I waited. Hopefully he gets it sorted, although, I don’t know how his business model will appeal to past and potential clientele.

I have been following this thread with great interest. Although I don’t yet have a R8, I intend to take the plunge soon. After the initial rifle purchase in 9.3x62 and .300 Wby, my plan was to purchase a couple of after market barrels: .280 Rem and 6.5-.300 Wby.
After reading the initial reports from Phillip Glass, Glenn Slaven and others about J Sipp, I looked forward with great anticipation to make use of their services. Unfortunately there aren’t many options for aftermarket R8 barrels, so the demise of JS&S is a major hit. So Pale Horse Zero sounds like the next option.

Here’s a stupid question, excluding JS&S is it an option to assemble a blazer in pieces for a decent savings? What’s lowest price could get one with one barrel and scope mounts?

Here’s a stupid question, excluding JS&S is it an option to assemble a blazer in pieces for a decent savings? What’s lowest price could get one with one barrel and scope mounts?
There is no saving money on a Blaser.

Probably in the mid $3k range. Check with cove creek. They have been excellent to work with.

Accurate statement. It is like buying a Sthil chainsaw, they just don’t go on sale. But when you buy one you are glad you did; they work and last a long time.
Yepper. About the only way you can save a few bucks is to buy it used and even then it's not inexpensive...the Blaser or the Stihl.

Finding exactly what you are looking for is the problem. And being patient enough not to settle for something that's "kinda close". If you've chosen to go this route, spend the $ on a new one or get ready for a waiting game. It's not worth settling at this level.

It will cost more in pieces.

I have been following this thread with great interest. Although I don’t yet have a R8, I intend to take the plunge soon. After the initial rifle purchase in 9.3x62 and .300 Wby, my plan was to purchase a couple of after market barrels: .280 Rem and 6.5-.300 Wby.
After reading the initial reports from Phillip Glass, Glenn Slaven and others about J Sipp, I looked forward with great anticipation to make use of their services. Unfortunately there aren’t many options for aftermarket R8 barrels, so the demise of JS&S is a major hit. So Pale Horse Zero sounds like the next option.
I’m sorry that he won’t work out. He still has one of my rifles, not sure I’ll ever see it. The two barrels I got from him shoot great I just can’t understand why he doesn’t get stuff out that he owes people. I texted him this AM and like all the other 8-10 prior texts, I’ve gotten no answer.

Also not sure why not having an FFL would keep one from checking and relying to emails. Real shame.

If he has one of your rifles perhaps you ought to the local sheriff and explain the situation. I think firearms theft is a federal felony. My guess he gets it back to you very quickly after a deputy visits with him. Most sheriffs dept's take firearms theft very seriously.
Bruce

If he has one of your rifles perhaps you ought to the local sheriff and explain the situation. I think firearms theft is a federal felony. My guess he gets it back to you very quickly after a deputy visits with him. Most sheriffs dept's take firearms theft very seriously.
Bruce
I got a barrel from them, havent shot it yet. Took longer than expected and communication wasnt great but I got it.

If they had a rifle of mine I would definitely go this route though

I got a barrel from them, havent shot it yet. Took longer than expected and communication wasnt great but I got it.

If they had a rifle of mine I would definitely go this route though
I hate doing that but may have to. Here in TX, if I got dispatched to a call like that, I would have classified it as a civil issue. I guess I could send a 10 day demand letter through registered mail.

On an upside while searching gunbroker, I found this just sitting there waiting for me.
A006F6D2-3BBE-4B5D-8249-597986504674.png

I have an update on two R8 barrels I ordered back in Feb 2020 from J Sip & Sons.
They were alegedly ready to ship by November 2020. But after many emails and trying to call without a single response from them, this was just false hope as they did not arrive at my US exporter I use sometimes to ship firearms parts home to Australia.
JS&S did not provide a tracking number and it was all just BS.

So after many attempts to get a response from Justin and get my money back I threatened to get an local attorney involved in a town close to JS&S in Utah in April this year.
This was my only way of trying to get some of my money ($3000 +) returned because I live in Australia and Covid restrictions has all international travel stopped from my country.
Had Covid not messed with the world I would have brought a business trip to the USA forward and visited JS&S.
Then Bam!! out of the blue came an email from JS&S a couple of weeks later with a tracking number for my barrels.
The barrels arrived at my US exporter in early May and I now have them home with me here in Australia for about a month now (it takes a while to get export permits - shipping from the US to Aust customs was 4 days via air freight).
One fluted barrel (.223 with 1:7 twist) is exactly what I ordered. The other was in the correct caliber (.375 Ruger) but not the length I ordered and was supposed to be a fluted barrel. But instead it came as a plain barrel with NECG sights and fibre optic front bead instead. I suspect it was what he had previously made for sale online.
Considering the pain others have endured trying to recover money or their gear from them I will take it and never deal with this company ever again.
I have not fired either barrels yet as I am waiting for scope mounts to arrive. I had the headspace checked on both barrels by a gunsmith and they are both good. So I am now looking forward to putting some miles on them and forgetting about this whole process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg