Quick Intro

zackh

Reaction score
G'day All.

Have signed up as my past 2 years of planning a trip to Africa has finally come together and the time is drawing near...
I am heading over for my first time to Africa with a mate in early March this year (2017). I have spent countless hours planning and getting organised as i am very keen on only free range hunting. Pretty much to sum things up we plan to hunt with Tyron at Chumlet whom to date has been excellent to deal with and very open and honest with all details and answering my questions.
We are hunting 1x1 and both targeting trophy kudu, Nyala and Bushbuck depending on what we can find...
Any tips' thoughts or comments are appreciated otherwise i will post up reports once i complete what i hoe to be a successful hunt :)
ZH

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH! Sounds like a dreamy first hunt!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome to AH!

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome to the posting side!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard Zack. Have you been using AH to help you with your planning? Where are you from? What caliber rifle are you going to use? I'm not familiar with your outfitter, does he operate in South Africa or some other country?

If you have any specific questions please ask them. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site that are more than willing to help out a first time African hunter.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Welcome to AH.
Take notes and lots of pictures for that hunt report.
Enjoy your time in Africa.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Welcome!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome aboard!

zackh

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Zack. Have you been using AH to help you with your planning? Where are you from? What caliber rifle are you going to use? I'm not familiar with your outfitter, does he operate in South Africa or some other country?

If you have any specific questions please ask them. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site that are more than willing to help out a first time African hunter.
G'day!
To be honest i hadn't used AH for planning but i am going to use it now to double check everything is in order.
I am from Tasmania, Australia i have been hunting since i was a young fella with my grandfather. I have done plenty of hunting in Tasmania and throughout Australia but never ventured over seas and never been guided so this is a first for both of these!
Tyrone operates out of South Africa, he offers a few animals free range and they coincidentally are some of the animals i'm interested in so that worked well.
I will be using a .300WSM it is my all round favorite caliber however i will not be using my personal firearm on this hunt i will be using my guides.
I have advised my outfitter and plan to try and aim for kudu with good spread and length of around 52+, the Nyala i just want something even and aiming for something around 25-26+ and they Bushbuck i would be looking for animals around 14+. Apparently this is achievable in the area's i'll be hunting so let the hunt begin:)

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Glad to have you aboard, welcome. I see where you have been planning and organizing, all great and important. Make sure you are practicing off sticks, try to shoot accurately and quickly. (Mostly accurately -quickly will come with practice) Flights organized? There is help on here as well. Dip/pack/import? Help as well. Tell us what you need, great people to talk to. Tell us about it when you get back!

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Welcome to the forum! All the best for your trip. Looking forward to a report with some photos.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

adriw

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
DSC, SCI, PHASA, SA Hunters, WRSA
Welcome to AH!

RickK

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member: SCI, DSC, NRA, CPRA
Hunted
Argentina: [Santa Fe, San Luis, Cordoba, La Pampa, Mendoza, Entre Rios, Buenos Aires, Neuguen], Brazil, Canada: [British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, NWT], Iceland, Mexico: [Campeche, Aguascalientes, Baja, Coahuila, Chihuahua, Sinoloa], Mozambique, New Zealand, South Africa, Uruguay, U
Welcome to the best forum @zackh! Enjoy!

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Welcome to the forum Zack, you are in the right place!

dory

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Awesome !!!!
:P Pilot:

ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
huntingsafaris.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA, Hungary
Welcome to the posting side zackh. Enjoy!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to AH, Zack, and good luck on your hunt !

petrusg

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitchel76S

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.