new member today

Hyde Hunter

AH elite
Joined
Dec 22, 2019
Messages
1,338
Reaction score
1,762
Location
Stickney,SD
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
hello, Hyde Hunter here avid hunter for 53 years living in S. Dakota retired never have been to Africa and trying to talk my wife into it.just bought a new CZ 550 458 win and it is now getting the stock glass bedded.used to have a Rem 458 Lott sold it years ago like a fool now my wife asks what are you going to shoot a charging jack rabbit? anyway looking to do some great reading and asking lots of questions
 
Welcome to AH Hyde Hunter! Enjoy exploring the site.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH. What part of South Dakota? I’m also retired and live in the Hills west of Rapid. You gotta make a trip to Africa happen. It is amazing. Your wife will enjoy it as much as you do, whether she hunts or not. We are booked for our fourth trip in May 2020 with KMG. Welcome.
 
Welcome aboard Hyde Hunter. Here on AH you are amongst friends. No one is going to challenge or question your need for another rifle regardless of caliber. If required we will provide you with plausible excuses (I mean reasons) for getting one. I second the fact that hunting Africa is more fun than one can imagine. Stick with us and you'll be going sooner rather than later.
 
Welcome Hyde Hunter! No truer words spoken than by @Shootist43 above: "Stick with us and you'll be going sooner rather than later" - They got me to book my 1st trip next year!
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Giday Hyde Hunter and welcome to the A H forums
 
Hello and welcome!
 
Howdy!
 
Hyde Hunter, yes sir welcome to the forum! Tons of info here to help make your planning and adventure easier. Enjoy!
 
Welcome aboard! @Shootist43 put it correctly. This site and its members are great! Going for my first real safari in a little over three months.
 
Welcome to AH. What part of South Dakota? I’m also retired and live in the Hills west of Rapid. You gotta make a trip to Africa happen. It is amazing. Your wife will enjoy it as much as you do, whether she hunts or not. We are booked for our fourth trip in May 2020 with KMG. Welcome.
thank you I am in Stickney 30 miles west of Mitchell
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome Hyde Hunter! No truer words spoken than by @Shootist43 above: "Stick with us and you'll be going sooner rather than later" - They got me to book my 1st trip next year!

Same. Was thinking "maybe in 5-7 years" then became 2021, and now likely 2020. Lots if knowledge and very respectful folks, welcome and enjoy!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,980
Members
169,676
Latest member
Jeffreymorrise
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top