New Here, Looking for Advice

JohnHenry

Reaction score
So happy that I found this site!

I found out earlier this week that I will be traveling through Kenya, Uganda, and Zimbabwe in August on business. I am not sure how much down time I will have in total, but I am planning to get a few days of hunting in, as I am unsure when I will be back in the area. I am on a budget, but would like to hunt plains game fair chase, and am currently looking at outfitters in the area. Mainly interested in impala, gemsbok, and other "inexpensive" plains game that are available. I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone here could provide. Thank you in advance!

God bless,

JohnHenry

Sounds like a great opportunity to do a bit of an adventure! Welcome to the AH forum!

Welcome aboard!

In Zimbabwe you wont find any gemsbok that I'm aware of. Are you planning on Zimbabwe or South Africa? ..lots of options in both.

Best of luck in your search!

Welcome aboard!

In Zimbabwe you wont find any gemsbok that I'm aware of. Are you planning on Zimbabwe or South Africa? ..lots of options in both.

Best of luck in your search!

Zimbabwe is looking like my best bet. Hoping that I can find a package deal there. It looks very affordable a well.

Giday John and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to the forum JohnHenry.

Check out the deals and offer section, you should be able to find an outfitter to have what you are looking for.

Welcome, Id do up a post in the deals and offers for a hunt wanted and I'd be willing to bet our sponsors in those areas would be happy to assist you. Good luck and happy hunting.

Welcome! I agree with the poster recommending you make a side trip to South Africa if you want a good plains game hunt at an affordable price. Plenty of gemsbok there. I don't think there is any hunting in Kenya. Zimbabwe and Uganda would take some planning, so it's not too early to work on an August hunt. There are lots of outfitters on this site that you can contact.

Welcome to the site. Kenya has been closed for hunting for a while now. I've been wanting to hunt Uganda, but it seems to be out of my budget for the most part. Hard to do anything in Uganda for less than $20K.... Pricey hunt. So that leaves Zim. Lots of sponsors hunt there. Some decent plains game hunts available there. Loo at some animal lists for Zim and then post a request.
Or like was mentioned you might go to RSA for a few days. That could be cheaper than Zim in the long run. Best of luck.
Bruce

Welcome to our forum @JohnHenry. Good luck in researching your hunt. There are probably more choices than you have imagined!

Welcome aboard John Henry. I'm very surprised that some of the Outfitters in Zimbabwe haven't contacted you yet. Hang in there, I'm sure they will. But like Brickburn said, posting your wishes is the surest way to get a response. Good luck and good hunting.

So happy that I found this site!

I found out earlier this week that I will be traveling through Kenya, Uganda, and Zimbabwe in August on business. I am not sure how much down time I will have in total, but I am planning to get a few days of hunting in, as I am unsure when I will be back in the area. I am on a budget, but would like to hunt plains game fair chase, and am currently looking at outfitters in the area. Mainly interested in impala, gemsbok, and other "inexpensive" plains game that are available. I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone here could provide. Thank you in advance!

God bless,

JohnHenry
Welcome to our virtual campfire John!! In response to your inquiry, I can strongly recommend PH Terry Fenn at Chinanga Safaris, in Zimbabwe without hesitation! He has 40yrs experience hunting, and can take you to the best concessions in Zambia and Zimbabwe As he did with me. He put me on to 4 superb DG trophoes in one hunt in Zambia, and I couldn't be happier. Best of luck!! (y)

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH JohnHenry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg