New here from Texas

Welcome neighbor. Give us a short write up and some pics.

Reactions: 3-B
Welcome to AH. WISH YOU A GREAT SAFARI AGAIN.
KRISH

Welcome to AH!

Welcome neighbor. Give us a short write up and some pics.
Well to start it off like many going to Africa was a long time dream for as a little kid. So when 2020 hit and the issues it put into play, I decided I needed to do the things I wanted to in life before I didn't have the opportunity. So first on the list was Africa I knew a few folks that had been and started off asking who they used and if they would go with them again. To my surprise two of the guys I knew, but did not know each both had been Limcroma Safaris multiple times. So I had contacted them along with some others. And ultimately decided to go with Limcroma. So I wanted to go in 2021 but that came to a screeching halt when we found out my wife was pregnant and would be due in May of 21. So we just went ahead and booked for 22. Everything went accordingly as far as travel can't complain there. Arrived at Joberg that evening Africa Sky picked us up we had a wonderful dinner then a good night sleep. Woke up ate breakfast then the PH picked us up and off to Limcroma we went. Arrived at their Sable Lodge great place very nice. We made sure our bows were still dialed in, they were. We were off and running now that evening was a bit slow which we were warned upfront that they had received lots of rain and it was tuff hunting. That night we talked about the next day hunt luckily we had a list but was willing to alter it with whatever presented a opportunity. So the next day we sat with seeing animals just nothing that was old enough. Then a Warthog came and I was up sent one and made contact . He ran 60yards or so and piled up. Day 3 came and went with seeing animals just not the right ones. Day 4 the morning was like the day before, around 2 we switched blinds and about a hour in a group of wildebeest came in and a nice one presented a 24 yd shot. He went a good ways probably 180 yds man the tuff animals. Day 5 the morning we tried to stalk and got within decent range of some blesbok and Hartebeest unfortunately the wind had been our biggest downfall, seemed like it switched directions everytime we would be within range. Decided to head to a blind. It was active and had animals moving in and out nothing we could take because of age. Then a small group of Impala came in and there was a shooter, so after I told my wife she needed to shoot the Impala because the way things were going not sure if the animals she wanted were going to present a shot. She got ready and made a perfect shot we watched him go down within sight. Not 10 minutes later a ma ture sable walks out well I didnt need to explain anything to her this time and she was lined out on him before I could even put my binos down. Well the shot went off and went straight thru the sable bolted about 30 yards and crashed she was pumped up I was pumped heck the PH was too. Day 6 was a strike out. Day 7 my wife stayed back at camp for a spa day and to relax she doesn't get to that much with 3 kids with the oldest being 4.sat most of the day with absolutely nothing was difficult to stay awake but we pressed on then we spotted something coming thru the brush it was a kudu and a shooter he came in around 60 yards and would hold up . He did that 2 more times in a matter of 2 hours. Then the sun was making its way down and a group of Warthogs came to drink. Low and behold the kudu reappeared and with the Warthogs drinking he eased in close enough to present a shot. Heart shot is what was served I don't know if I have ever been more worked up over a shot then that for the cat and mouse game he was playing was getting to me. Day 8 and 9 we had animals all day but nothing old enough. Day 10 we were headed home.

With that being said I will say we had a absolute blast. The accommodations and food were fantastic. The hospitality and attention to detail far exceeded my expectations.

Here are a few pics of the animals

IMG-20220606-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220605-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20220605-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20220604-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20220601-WA0004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH 3-B! Wonderful trophies, thx for sharing.

Welcome welcome welcome
Congrats

Thanks for the report. You have some beautiful trophies. I look forward to hearing more from you concerning all things hunting and shooting! Your friend, Brian

Welcome to AH! Nice trophies! Congrats!

3-B, welcome to the AH forum! You’re going to fit right in with your newly discovered addiction…Africa hunting! LOL! Enjoy the forum and thanks for sharing your adventure!

Welcome! Great pics of your hunt.
Lots of us Texans on here.

Welcome to the AH Community!

Welcome!!

My first African hunt was with Limcroma many years ago. A thoroughly enjoyable experience that led to many more trips to Africa. Hopefully it will do the same for you.

Nice!

Giday 3-B. Welcome to the A H forums.

Hello 3-B,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

:S Welcome: to AH! Great pics! Thanks for sharing with us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadM1958

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.