Leopard - How I Hunt (Zoom Safari #3 by Nathan Askew)

I was fortunate to get my leopard in 2007. Will I be able to share my experience or is this only for those who are interested in hunting a leopard in the future?

Geoff

I can't speak for Nathan, but during the last Zoom Safari, we as participants were able to ask questions directly to Nathan, but then there was an opportunity for others to share experiences, advice, anecdotes, pitfalls, etc. We also had some time before and after the actual recorded portion to talk around the group.

I was fortunate to get my leopard in 2007. Will I be able to share my experience or is this only for those who are interested in hunting a leopard in the future?

Geoff
Hi Geoff, (Thank you for your interest and 'Petey J' thanks for helping to answer!) - basically the last meeting was a very free flow format and we had a lot of back and forth... in fact the whole premise was to ask me any question about 'Anything Africa' and ill get it answered in 30 seconds and then the other participants rolled my answer around and shared knowledge.

congratulation on your leopard in 2007; 'Anything Africa' was a great format for sharing experiences like that and would have been the time to tell us about your experience with your cat.

'Leopard - How I Hunt' is going to be a little different than the first two Zoom Safaris - I am going to disassemble a very complex animal and process down into chapters and only field a few questions/comments before I move on to the next chapter. Unfortunately will be too much information to cover to allow a recounting of past adventures.

I sincerely appreciate the interest. Please join us for one of the next ones!

So - did I step on someone's toes by asking to participate?

So - did I step on someone's toes by asking to participate?
Send Nathan @Bullet Safaris (the original poster in this thread) a PM and he'll get you the login information for the Zoom.

He may not respond until Monday. I had a message from him yesterday that mentioned shutting down for the weekend, so he may not be on for a couple days. I know he's also preparing to leave for his areas in Tanzania, so he's got a lot on his plate.

Leopard - How I Hunt...
An in-depth look at leopard hunting and the intricate details of scouting, baiting, set up and hunting of this most illusive predator.
Leopard Hunting is probably the hardest, most technical, mentally tough, nerve rattling, lowest success safari conducted in Africa; and it is my favorite safari to guide.

Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Time: 7 PM central time USA.

Format:
- Leopard hunting is a process and I will approach this meeting in the same way. I plan go through the chapters of a leopard hunt from Scouting to Baiting to Blind Set Up to Actual Hunting. Ill stop after each chapter and open the floor for questions and discussion.
- As usual please PM me or email directly to be a part of this Zoom Safari. A few days before I will send you the login information to this Zoom.

This should be a great one and if you are interested in pursuing a Leopard at some point then I hope to see you there!

you can check out the threads on the other ones here:
https://www.africahunting.com/threa...on-elephant-bullet-safaris-zoom-safari.57478/
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/zoom-safari-its-about-to-happen.57243/
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/zoom-safari-anything-africa.57479/

Hi everyone - thanks for the interest in this Zoom Safari on Leopard Hunting.

I am going through all the PM now; so if you have sent me one please check your messages for the log in details as instructed above for this Wednesday at 7pm

- Nathan

I am going through all the PM now; so if you have sent me one please check your messages for the log in details as instructed for this Wednesday at 7pm

Thanks

I am going through all the PM now; so if you have sent me one please check your messages for the log in details as instructed for this Wednesday at 7pm

Thanks

Nathan,

Please remember to send me one as well.

Thank you,

Jacques

Hello - looks like a good group for this Leopard meeting - anyone interested please PM me today and I will try to get you the details to participate.
Thanks - Nathan

if you're in the right cat country, the right cat area, and the right cat set up, then there is no rush to shoot the cat...more on this video in the meeting tonight and why we waited so long to squeeze the trigger on this one...

Awesome experience. I can't wait for the next Zoom Safari with Bullet Safaris!

Everyone interested in Leopard hunting who didn't attend really missed out.

Nathan thank you for hosting the leopard hunting zoom safari, it was very informative and i enjoyed it very much. You gave me some information to confirm with the outfitter I have my hunt booked with next year.

Awesome experience. I can't wait for the next Zoom Safari with Bullet Safaris!

Everyone interested in Leopard hunting who didn't attend really missed out.
Thank you for attending and the good questions.
See you on the next one!

It was a great session last night. Highly informative and interesting. I took 8-1/2 pages of notes to add to my reference file.

If you are thinking of a leopard hunt, you should really watch this video when it is posted. No matter who you hunt with, Nathan offers great advice on what you should do as the client and what you should expect an outfitter/PH to do to increase your odds of success.

It is absolutely worth you time.

Last Wednesday's Zoom Safari on Leopard hunting insightful and educational, Nathan did a fantastic job covering Leopard hunting from start to finish. The following is a list of some of the topics Nathan covered:
  • Leopard quote by Country
  • What makes a good Leopard area
  • What questions to ask you Outfitter before selecting them for your Leopard hunt
  • What questions to ask your PH about Leopard hunting
  • Calibers and loads for Leopard hunting
  • Selecting the proper baiting site
  • Blind construction
  • Pre-baiting
  • Baiting during the hunt
  • Types of bait for Leopard
  • Number of baiting sites
  • How much bait do you need
  • What work is required to establish and maintain a bait/hunting site
  • Blind etiquette
  • Pre-shot setup and routine
  • Executing the shot
If you are planning a Leopard hunt in the future I highly recommend you watch this video its a real eye-opener into the world of Leopard hunting.

This was a really neat meeting. Nathan knows his stuff and has a passion for cats. Looking forward to the next one.
Thank you very much.

Cat hunting is one of my favorite things. It has taken about 1000 baits over 17 years to work out my method and procedure. It work really well for us and produces consistent results!

I'm excited to start running my traps again soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!