Kudu Pictures

well done,

Nice hunt you had.

Wishing you many more to come. :)
Yes, it was a really good hunt with a great PH in a beautiful lodge. I loved it and hope to be back either this coming year or next.

Welcome to AH, Echosue, the next one will be a 60 incher (y)

Some Greater Kudu from Namibia… Enjoy!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_1942-1.JPG

A Picture of the One taken with Trevor Lake & Lake Safaris, South Africa

DSCN1223.JPG

A picture of the one taken with Johnathan Collett & Touch Africa Safaris, Zimbabwe

I swear that bloody thing gets bigger each time I look at it , james....
the one from Zimbabwe, has all the gear too.
you must have high cielings.........

James has vaulted ceilings, lucky bugger.

How to spot a BIG KUDU area.

If you watch these locations closely, you will be able to have your pick of BIG Kudu's, Yup that what i was told.

DSCN4832.JPG

Welcome to AH, Echosue, the next one will be a 60 incher (y)
That would be awesome but I don't think I will wait for that one to come along. 55-56 would be nice though. Thanks!

Dang Jerome those are some great pictures of Kudu taken.

Any archery kudu Jerome?

249.JPG
256.JPG

heres my walk and stalked kudu
frpm Limpopo in 2010
hunting with dries visser safaris

Bluey how far was the shot on your kudu and how many shots ? I see you only have 2 arrows left in your quiver.

gday jeff we were watching him and four girls as we stalked in from 90 odd metres .
it was blowing and raining this day , tho it it doesn't look like it in the photos, the shot was 30 odd metres there was a branch right in the way and l tried to slipp it under it for a heart shot .but it clipped it and hit him in the throat ,severing his windpipe and jugular viens either side .
nico the ph thought it was a flesh wound , but when the arrow hit him the way he shuddered I knew it was lethal ,plus the fact he turned and ran straight through a tree and just bolted
I didn't exactly know where it hit at that point ,just was going off his reaction to the shot........
we waited 15 minutes , in that time the drizzle stopped and the sun came out , before that it was a shit of a day(perfect bow stalking weather ,imo)
when the tracker came up to us there wasn't a whole lot of sign as the rain distorted the running marks .
with in 90 metres,john the tracker was pointing blood splatters which were looking bigger and better every step .
maybe 40 metres after that he was laying in a pool of his own blood.
l only had 3 arrows in my quiver that morning , cant remember why that's all l had,but for some reason that's all I grabbed , the arrow that l killed the kudu with was never recovered.
they measured him in the skinning shed and said he was 48 inches .
they also got real excited about him being the first kudu stalked with archery in 24 years at citedal ,
even young dries kept telling me that a kicked a goal that day.
the hunt was with dries visser safaris in Limpopo ,in may 2010
that same day id blown three different stalk , one on a zebra, another on blue wildebeest, and another kudu , which I backed out of as his left horn was busted off half way up , he was maybe 54 on his good side ,
we had him cold ,mate . he never even knew we were 45 metres from when we backed out .
after recovering him , and taking him to the butcerywe sat in a blind for like 20 minutes and we got a big old gemsbok girl . the rest of the day was spent drinking beer ...................

Thanks for story, I almost booked with Dries Visser 2 years ago at SCI in Reno, but went with Bushmen bowhunting safaris father north in Limpopo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross