KMG Hunting Safaris New Website - Feedback Please

I thought the "about us' was rather misleading. I don't know if they are just old pictures or something but it looks nothing like y'all in real life.

Other than that I have nothing to add. ;)

downloadfile-4.jpg

Just opened it up on the tablet, works fine and looks great!

Nice site Marius. Worked well as I navigated the pages.
Thanks for your time and I await your response with the Tiny 10.

Sorry you got hacked Marius. The site looks solid and seems easier to navigate. Good to see Lloyds smiling face. Please tell him I said hello ...,

Marius,

Currently in Aus using hotel wifi and the new site loads much quicker than the old one, maybe it's just because I'm in the Southern Hemisphere haha.

When scrolling down and you come to the hunt specials, there aren't any descriptors just pics. When you click on a pick it tells you the name of the special then gives you the big 404. I tried accessing the specials via the read more button and got the 404 error.

The black banner with KMG logo with the drop down menu underneath takes up way too much room and limits your viewing, I'm using an iPad and it's a PITA. It's odd, sometimes the banner goes away when I scroll and other times it stays put. Move the drop down menu to the right or left of the logo would help with the space/viewing issues.

Pricing tables: the animal names and prices need to be a bolder/darker font. Hard to pick them out from the tables.

Will post more comments if I find anything else,

Edge

See you in June!

One more comment before I start with the first pint:

In the species menu, the nine animals beginning with Black wildebeest through duiker is then duplicated directly below.

Ed

Nice clean professional look. Agree on the baboon though.

Marius,
Nice clean, professional and quick loading website. But I am totally confused on content and have more questions than answers after visiting your website. I have the luxury of looking at your website as a potential new customer, I don't know anything about your operations except that you are held in high regard from your customers and the members of this site. Please note that I am just trying to help and no personal offense is intended.

In no particular order:

1) Tell us more about your operations in South Africa, how big is your farm? Travel distances to other concessions? Tell us about a typical hunting day?
2) I see price lists for other countries, why? Do you own land there? If not what type of arrangement is it? Why should we use you to visit Zambia for instance?
3) Tours - All you show is Victoria Falls or at least it seems that way. Which of the tours is close to you on the Eastern Cape. What can the observer do while I am hunting? A little clarity there would help.

I recognize that you can do a lot of different trips and in different countries, but I believe most people at least start looking at KMG because they want to hunt the eastern cape of South Africa.

Hope this helps and again no offense intended.

Last edited:
Marius,

Currently in Aus using hotel wifi and the new site loads much quicker than the old one, maybe it's just because I'm in the Southern Hemisphere haha.

When scrolling down and you come to the hunt specials, there aren't any descriptors just pics. When you click on a pick it tells you the name of the special then gives you the big 404. I tried accessing the specials via the read more button and got the 404 error.

The black banner with KMG logo with the drop down menu underneath takes up way too much room and limits your viewing, I'm using an iPad and it's a PITA. It's odd, sometimes the banner goes away when I scroll and other times it stays put. Move the drop down menu to the right or left of the logo would help with the space/viewing issues.

Pricing tables: the animal names and prices need to be a bolder/darker font. Hard to pick them out from the tables.

Will post more comments if I find anything else,

Edge

See you in June!

We fixed the 404 issue and checked out the other issues you were having from a tablet. Although we obviously try and have the website as compatible with as many forms of devices, I'm not sure it is possible to be perfect on everything. It ran fine from our tablet, but will look into other forms of trying to improve it. Thanks for taking the time!

Marius,
Nice clean, professional and quick loading website. But I am totally confused on content and have more questions than answers after visiting your website. I have the luxury of looking at your website as a potential new customer, I don't know anything about your operations except that you are held in high regard from your customers and the members of this site. Please note that I am just trying to help and no personal offense is intended.

In no particular order:

1) Tell us more about your operations in South Africa, how big is your farm? Travel distances to other concessions? Tell us about a typical hunting day?
2) I see price lists for other countries, why? Do you own land there? If not what type of arrangement is it? Why should we use you to visit Zambia for instance?
3) Tours - All you show is Victoria Falls or at least it seems that way. Which of the tours is close to you on the Eastern Cape. What can the observer do while I am hunting? A little clarity there would help.

I recognize that you can do a lot of different trips and in different countries, but I believe most people at least start looking at KMG because they want to hunt the eastern cape of South Africa.

Hope this helps and again no offense intended.

Thank you for your input sir. I will look at adding this info to the web-page over the next couple of days.

1) Tell us more about your operations in South Africa, how big is your farm? Travel distances to other concessions? Tell us about a typical hunting day? 7000-60,000 acres. We hunt all species in their natural habitat, and with the terrain that changes so quickly in the Eastern Cape, it is almost impossible to hunt all of the species in a single area.There is no area in the country that has the diversity of the Eastern Cape, so most of our hunting is within 45min of our base camp, some species we have to travel further, like Vaal Rhebuck that are found at much higher altitudes.
2) I see price lists for other countries, why? Do you own land there? If not what type of arrangement is it? Why should we use you to visit Zambia for instance? - I have built up these relationships with these area owners over many years, who have hunted with me personally in South Africa by bringing their clients to us. I know them. This allows prospective guests to book a hunt in these countries, without all the necessary research, since I am putting my own reputation on the line. This is also for our past guests who wishes to continue hunting with us, but also different areas. Many past guests like to spend time with the same PH, wishes to hunt a different area, and we give them this option.
3) Tours - All you show is Victoria Falls or at least it seems that way. Which of the tours is close to you on the Eastern Cape. What can the observer do while I am hunting? A little clarity there would help.- I will add extra tours available.

I recognize that you can do a lot of different trips and in different countries, but I believe most people at least start looking at KMG because they want to hunt the eastern cape of South Africa.- The Eastern Cape is our home base, and I fully believe that there is no area in South Africa that offers the experience on plains game hunting as the Eastern Cape does. The terrain, having all of the biotopes in one area, meaning that over 30 different species can be hunted in their natural habitat, within a 2 hour driving radius from our main camp. This will over over 30 species. Most of the hunting is a an easy 5-45min away.
However, although the entire big 6 is home on a large piece of land right next door to us, I feel the best experience hunting dangerous game is North. There are plenty of Cape Buffalo in the Eastern Cape, but that means that the method of hunting will be spot and stalk. Giving my hunters the opportunity to walk on the tracks of these beasts is a far more rewarding experience. For this reason, we use areas further North of us, where the terrain under foot is better suited for tracking animals.

I will make the updates as soon as I can. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your input.

Take Care,
Marius

We fixed the 404 issue and checked out the other issues you were having from a tablet. Although we obviously try and have the website as compatible with as many forms of devices, I'm not sure it is possible to be perfect on everything. It ran fine from our tablet, but will look into other forms of trying to improve it. Thanks for taking the time!

Just checked and the 404 issue is still present if you select the "read more" hunting specials button.

Duplicative animals are still present as I mentioned above.

Edge

One suggestion is it would be nice to see accomadations in your other camps.

Just checked and the 404 issue is still present if you select the "read more" hunting specials button.

Duplicative animals are still present as I mentioned above.

Edge

Thanks Ed. Just found the 404, and will attend to it. Still dont get a duplication of the animals on the pricelist on our side. Anyone else get a duplication?

Marius, it looks great. Excellent to be able to see all the exchange rates, nice touch.

Thanks Ed. Just found the 404, and will attend to it. Still dont get a duplication of the animals on the pricelist on our side. Anyone else get a duplication?
No sign if duplication down here

G'Day Marius, looks good! Hell, I might even book a hunt ;)

The only fault I could pick was a couple of lines of pics duplicated in the 'species info' page.

Cheers
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg