Hello from Bergen, Norway

@Stig welcome to AH!

Norway looks so beautiful. My mother’s side emigrated to the USA from Norway in the 1880s. My mother has been back with my grandmother to visit family but I haven’t been to Norway yet. Hope to change that soon!
 
I have been a lurker her for a few months. Have learned a lot from many knowledgeable people. Hope to contribute to this great forum.

I have been a hunter and a fisherman/outdoorsman for my entire life ( just turned 50). Trout fishing/freshwater fishing and hunting for caribou an deer.

After having read a lot of books about Africa and read huntingreports in this forum a small dream of hunting Africa has been born.
Welcome to AH posting
 
Welcome to AH @Stig ! A fan of Top Gear too I assume ;)

Are there opportunities to hunt as a foreigner in Norway?

Cheers!

V
 
@Stig Probably A as it was the first Troll. [emoji1]
 
I have been a lurker her for a few months. Have learned a lot from many knowledgeable people. Hope to contribute to this great forum.

I have been a hunter and a fisherman/outdoorsman for my entire life ( just turned 50). Trout fishing/freshwater fishing and hunting for caribou an deer.

After having read a lot of books about Africa and read huntingreports in this forum a small dream of hunting Africa has been born.
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH Stig! Glad you found us.
 
Are there opportunities to hunt as a foreigner in Norway?
There are opportunities, but I am not to familiar with them. There are a few hoops you have to jump through: pay the hunting tax and so forth. But doable. There are no proper outfitters like for instance in Africa. So your best bet is possible a help full forum member from Norway :-)
@Stig Probably A as it was the first Troll.
emoji1.png
Nice platform, that. Biggest object to ever have been moved by man :)
 
Stig, I have and enjoy lever guns as well. I have a Marlin 336 -C in 35 Remington that I've used for Deer and Hogs. I also have a Savage 99 in 308 that I've deer hunted with. The best lever gun I own is a 1936 Winchester Model 71 in 348 Winchester. Do you reload or use factory ammunition?
@Shootist43 : Factory ammunition is quite expensive in 45/70 and non existent in 356 Win :) So it's reloads all the way. I cast my own bullets as well. I must say that I am a lite bit (or a lot) envious of your Winchester Model 71! This is my grail gun! Or one of them at least :) A Savage 99 is also on my list of guns I am looking for, but they are really scarce in Norway. And import from USA is very expensive.
 
Last edited:
G'day from Australia,
Your African dream might become reality, it was my first and only international trip so far.
Hunting Hogs in Sweden sounds interesting.
Warthogs in Africa are satisfying too if it's pigs you hunt.
 
Welcome! Now that we know you're one of us and not some random troll you can post on the politics page. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the welcome, people! Much appreciated. I think I will possible leave the politics page for now... :cool:
 
Welcome to AH Stig.

Feel free to contact me for any information.
 
:S Welcome: to AH!
 
Welcome from Ireland . Time to think about turning your dreams into reality.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,571,992
Members
169,473
Latest member
450Rig
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top