Hello from Bergen, Norway

@Stig welcome to AH!

Norway looks so beautiful. My mother’s side emigrated to the USA from Norway in the 1880s. My mother has been back with my grandmother to visit family but I haven’t been to Norway yet. Hope to change that soon!

I have been a lurker her for a few months. Have learned a lot from many knowledgeable people. Hope to contribute to this great forum.

I have been a hunter and a fisherman/outdoorsman for my entire life ( just turned 50). Trout fishing/freshwater fishing and hunting for caribou an deer.

After having read a lot of books about Africa and read huntingreports in this forum a small dream of hunting Africa has been born.
Welcome to AH posting

Welcome to AH @Stig ! A fan of Top Gear too I assume ;)

Are there opportunities to hunt as a foreigner in Norway?

Cheers!

V

@Stig Probably A as it was the first Troll.

I have been a lurker her for a few months. Have learned a lot from many knowledgeable people. Hope to contribute to this great forum.

I have been a hunter and a fisherman/outdoorsman for my entire life ( just turned 50). Trout fishing/freshwater fishing and hunting for caribou an deer.

After having read a lot of books about Africa and read huntingreports in this forum a small dream of hunting Africa has been born.
Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Stig! Glad you found us.

Are there opportunities to hunt as a foreigner in Norway?
There are opportunities, but I am not to familiar with them. There are a few hoops you have to jump through: pay the hunting tax and so forth. But doable. There are no proper outfitters like for instance in Africa. So your best bet is possible a help full forum member from Norway :)
@Stig Probably A as it was the first Troll.
emoji1.png
Nice platform, that. Biggest object to ever have been moved by man :)

Stig, I have and enjoy lever guns as well. I have a Marlin 336 -C in 35 Remington that I've used for Deer and Hogs. I also have a Savage 99 in 308 that I've deer hunted with. The best lever gun I own is a 1936 Winchester Model 71 in 348 Winchester. Do you reload or use factory ammunition?
@Shootist43 : Factory ammunition is quite expensive in 45/70 and non existent in 356 Win :) So it's reloads all the way. I cast my own bullets as well. I must say that I am a lite bit (or a lot) envious of your Winchester Model 71! This is my grail gun! Or one of them at least :) A Savage 99 is also on my list of guns I am looking for, but they are really scarce in Norway. And import from USA is very expensive.

Last edited:
G'day from Australia,
Your African dream might become reality, it was my first and only international trip so far.
Hunting Hogs in Sweden sounds interesting.
Warthogs in Africa are satisfying too if it's pigs you hunt.

Welcome! Now that we know you're one of us and not some random troll you can post on the politics page. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Welcome! Now that we know you're one of us and not some random troll you can post on the politics page. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the welcome, people! Much appreciated. I think I will possible leave the politics page for now... :cool:

Welcome to AH Stig.

Feel free to contact me for any information.

:S Welcome: to AH!

Welcome from Ireland . Time to think about turning your dreams into reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northerngos

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.