AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SAHGCA
Hunted
SA, Nam, Botswana, Zimbabwe
Hi guys

Thank you very much to allow me to share this forum with you.
I grew up in Namibia, partly on a farm in the mid Southwest of Namibia and partly at the coast in Swakopmund during school time. This allowed me to have a wonderful childhood, hunting and farm life while being on the farm and fishing, surfing and sailing while I was at the coast. Now in my later years I truly enjoy hunting and make a point of hunting at least 4 - 5 times a year. I shot most animals with a 243 (up to and including eland) as I was a small child for my age and was comfortable with the 243's recoil, plus it was stupendously accurate. I have used a 270 W in my young days as well. Later in life I invested in a 375 H&H Oberndorf Mauser and then could not resist the urge to get myself a Mauser actioned 404 Jeffery. I mostly use the 375 and the 404 for all my hunting nowadays. Tried a 30-06 and prefer the 7 x 57

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH Uwe Jaspersen!

Welcome to AH. Many here would love to have a 404.

Welcome to AH best Forum on African hunting

Welcome to AH. Many here would love to have a 404.
Hi there CAustin, here is a pic of my 375 H&H and my 404i

3DB77034-B778-431C-8732-7062C7CC28C9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Uwe! Beautiful rifles!
My first hunt in Africa was in 1987 in SWA before the name change to Namibia. Hunted plains game on two big ranches, one north of Windhoek and one south.

Welcome aboard!

Giday Uwe and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH!

Hello Uwe Jaspersen,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Also, you have excellent taste in both rifles and calibers, indeed you do.

Cheers,
Paul.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Uwe. For purposes of clarification which manufacturer made your 404 Jeffery and 375 H&H? How long have you been shooting these two rifles?

Hi Uwe, welcome to AH !

Use, welcome to the AH forum! It sounds like you had a great childhood!

Welcome aboard Uwe. For purposes of clarification which manufacturer made your 404 Jeffery and 375 H&H? How long have you been shooting these two rifles?
Shootist43, I had the 375 built 10 years ago when I managed to get my hands on a double square bridge 1936 Oberndorf Mauser action and the 404 I have now had for 4 years. That was built on a Mauser military action. Both rifles were built by Johan Morkel of Morkel & Krause in Stellenbosch

Uwe, welcome to AH!

Sounds like a wonderful childhood, Uwe................you're just the kind of guy we like to include in discussions here at AH....Welcome.................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danpowder

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you