Has your PH ever sent you out without him?

The avatar change.... :E Lol:

Is Wayne the real life Zohan?

zohan.jpg

I spent my entire hunt without a PH in Namibia .
The Ph was getting over some broken bones so he drove the truck only .
Hunted with the tracker the whole time and loved it .
Ive spent my whole life hunting by myself so it was no problem .
I didn't really give it a second thought .
The tracker grew up in the area in the bush so no problem .
Ive hunted for a living and spend weeks alone in some pretty remote country .
So if you have the confidance i cant see a problem .

Reactions: TOM
Brickburn brought the most light to this thread by posting the actual legal description of the requirements for much of SA.

Opps !
Didnt read all the pages before I said my bit .
Sorry guys ,didnt know there was shit fight going on .
Ill stick to my popcorn !

Opps !
Didnt read all the pages before I said my bit .
Sorry guys ,didnt know there was shit fight going on .
Ill stick to my popcorn !

Oh come on Dory..... join the fun! :A Drive:

Oh come on Dory..... join the fun! :A Drive:
I like a good scrape .
Im even known to be right occasionally !
But this ones a bit nasty .
Nope popcorn sounds a lot safer .:V Guillotine:

I like a good scrape .
Im even known to be right occasionally !
But this ones a bit nasty .
Nope popcorn sounds a lot safer .:V Guillotine:

It's actually nice now.

The nasty parts got cleaned up a bit. :A Stretcher:

:S Agree:

Yes, it seems a modicum of civility has been restored

A modicum? I wish I knew these words! Need to educate myself!

Sorry, overcompensating to hide my redneck roots :D Beers:

Oops sorry BRICKBURN
:S Topic:

I found a review where a PH/owner sent the client out hunting without him. The client went hunting with a licensed guide/driver and the tracker. In the review it said something about the PH needing do something else that day and then another day (on the same hunt) something else on the farm needed his attention so the client went out without him but took the rest of the crew.

Is this common?

In the review the client did not seem to mind and left a glowing review of the entire hunt. I'm just curious if this happens on a regular basis.

Yes I did once... the client and his new wife weren't getting much privacy in the tented camp... so I built a honey moon blind up in a huge tree overlooking a waterhole complete with creature comforts and left them there for the late afternoon hunt:giggle:... they had a ball.. the trophy arrived 9 months later... we're still friends since 1988! :E Blush:

How far is a hunter allowed to move away from his PH if he's doing a spot and stalk with bow? As another poster said, it is easier and quieter to stalk by oneself. I'm just curious as to whether there is an acceptable distance a bow hunter can travel on thier own once a target animal has been spotted. Is it visible distance? Voice distance? Radio? Etc?

I left my clients to stalk on their own within visible and call distance in areas where there's no DG. It also depends on how proficient the client is and then only if we've singled out a single and particular trophy.

A ph needed to take care of something. I hunted birds alone. The ph came back and asked how I had done

I said great. I got a kori bustard!

His expression :E Eek:

:E Happy:
My expression

@Wheels, I hear they taste lovely.... :)

If we hadn't gotten peace restored here, I'd remind everyone that Dodge trucks are the best

Yes I did once... the client and his new wife weren't getting much privacy in the tented camp... so I built a honey moon blind up in a huge tree overlooking a waterhole complete with creature comforts and left them there for the late afternoon hunt:giggle:... they had a ball.. the trophy arrived 9 months later... we're still friends since 1988! :E Blush:
This one just made my day!!! That is the quintessential African P.H. for you, done with grace and class. Only one problem - I have never seen trophies out of Zim in 9 months....Many other jokes come to mind but for another time... Thanks for the post.

If we hadn't gotten peace restored here, I'd remind everyone that Dodge trucks are the best

Well with a comment like that your off the speedgoat group hunt list. LOL :whistle::sneaky:

@Wheels, I hear they taste lovely.... :)

Says the cat with feathers sticking out of his mouth.:D

I have had Lessor Bustard and it was great. I have heard that Kori Bustard tastes great as well but don't know that personally.

The following is a Kori Bustard story from two of my fathers friends. The story is from the 1950's or 1960's:

Two friends went elephant hunting on the Ruaha River. One went upstream and the other down stream. Hunter One came back to camp to see Hunter Two cooking a Kori Bustard over the fire. Hunter One says you can't shoot them, they are protected. Hunter Two said this one wasn't!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,