Greetings from North Carolina also

Jonathan Gurley

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals. Glad to be apart of this site. Looking forward to learning and seeing all about African hunting. The top of my bucket list items is hunting in Africa more than once. To tell alittle bit about myself. I basically have shot and hunted in eastern North Carolina since i was 5 years old. Anything from bear to turkey to whitetail deer. I have shot 3gun competitions and currently shoot long range sniper competitions with hits up to 2100 yards. I am 39 years old with a beautiful wife who i would like to take with me if practical on my first hun as a observer. I also have a 5 month old boy at home who is my sniper in training lol. I have watched and read a lot about Africa hunting and i think my preference is hunting a Cape Buffalo on my first trip But looking forward to learning an chatting with you guys. Thx in advance for any help or comments. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Hello and welcome aboard from a fellow Tarheel!!

Lots of info and knowledge to draw from on this site!

Welcome to AH Jonathan!

Welcome to AH Jonathan!

Welcome aboard Jonathan. What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you have any timeframe for your Cape Buffalo hunt? There are some good deals currently being posted, have you checked any of them out?

Welcome aboard to AH Jonathan!

Welcome aboard Jonathan. What kind and caliber rifles do you own? Do you have any timeframe for your Cape Buffalo hunt? There are some good deals currently being posted, have you checked any of them out?
Hey shootist. Possibly looking to do the first hunt in 2021-22. Just bought a house so getting that settled this year. I have about one of every major caliber except the nitro expresses and the big dangerous game calibers(375hh etc), i have a good friend that has those and he said i could use anytime for a trip. I have 300 win mags, 28 nosler and things under that.

Jonathan, welcome to the AH forum! You have a grand experience ahead of you going to Africa! Start practicing off sticks!

Welcome aboard!

Giday Jonathan and welcome to the A H forums.

Hello Jonathan Gurley,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Paul.

Hi Jonathan, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH, Jonathan!

Jonathan, let me be the first one to "put a bug in your ear" for / about the 404 Jeffery. I never heard of it before joining AH, now I own two of them. After reading about its storied past and resurgence, that caliber has almost become a contagion.

Welcome to AH, you picked a great place to start your journey to Africa to hunt. Pretty much a guarantee that you get the addiction on your first trip.

Welcome to AH Jonathan. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to the family and the forum Jonathan! Nice to have you part of the forum. Enjoy the site!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg